Myself and my wife have recently returned from our honeymoon on Kuramathi, if we could score it 7 out of 5 we would. Kuramathi was our idea of paradise on earth, a beautiful tranquil place that never felt too busy or overcrowded, you were always able to get some space and you didn't have to move far for it.
Relaxation is clearly the main thing here and there are many lovely places to do so, the infinity pool (wonderful yet surprisingly empty = great), the laguna, beautiful sandy beach all round and the "tip" of the island. The top of the island deserves many visits, you truly feel like you are at the end of the world and i don't think i've ever felt so serene whilst lying on the sand there.
There is plenty to get on with though if you are feeling adventurous, Tennis, football, gym, water sports, some excursions and scuba / snorkeling - you absolutely must snorkel at least whilst here, the waters are so clear and you are met with an array of beautiful corals, fish & reef sharks.
The island has a selection of a la carte restaurants that are included in the "select all inclusive" package, i would urge you to upgrade to this package as the restaurants are of a very good standard. Of the restaurants for us personally only Duniye & Palm were slightly disappointing, not because they had bad food, but the food was perhaps slightly too bland for us, however you have to cater for all so this is maybe a fair balance. Siam, Tandoor Mahal, The Reef & Island Barbecue are all absolutely lovely and the Island coffee shop is perfect for lunch - make sure to make the most of all the fresh fish whilst there.
The most stand out thing about Kuramathi (apart from the sheer beauty of the place) is the staff, every single last member of staff did their up most to make our stay as good as possible. The staff in restaurants and bars were chatty and personable, entertaining and knowledgeable about the place they currently call home. It is the staff that help to make Kuramathi great, i only wish everyone realised this and treated all with the respect they deserve.
We miss Kuramathi terribly and hope to go back one day, it is as near to paradise as i think we'll ever get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives