Fantastic second holiday at this resort. This is my experience and recommendation.
First thing is book the select all-inclusive package where you can eat anywhere, this made the holiday, with the excellent choice of restaurants. I cannot choose between the Palm or the Coffee Shop for lunch, superb freshly prepared food and a glass or two of Rose' in the shade to avoid the mid-day sun, perfect.
The evening meal you need to book which is the most stressful part of the holiday and the only time you need to queue for 10am. You need to book at Reception two days ahead. The queue was always short and a time to chat with fellow guests, we always managed to get the restaurant that we wanted.
Favourite restaurants were the Reef, Island Barbeque, The Palm and The Duniye. The Indian and the Thai restaurants were good also and my Wife would disagree with my choices of favourite restaurants.
If you want something special try the six courses offered at the Duniye. My Wife said I didn't need to eat them all, but I disagreed!
The accommodation was good, cleaned and serviced several times a day.
We enjoyed the snorkelling best of all, once out to the edge of the reef a series of lifebuoys led a route through wonderful corals and masses of colourful and various species of fish. We lost count. There were black tipped sharks but were not interested in us in the slightest.
The Island is kept immaculate with every path swept clean everyday. Service is as good as you get wherever you go.
Best recommendation is we will go again - on the select package!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Rasdhoo Atoll , Kuramathi Maldives is 1.8 km in length and tapers to a pristine stretch of white sandbank, lending a dramatic quality to the idyllic surroundings of turquoise lagoons, tropical jungle and flora. Catering to all budgets, 12 distinct choices of villas are on offer, ranging from the individual Beach Villas to the idyllic Water Villas with Pool. A splendid pick for families and friends travelling together is the Two Bedroom Beach house. Savour exquisite dishes from 12 superb restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Sip exotic cocktails in the 7 bars located in beautiful settings around the island. The island's vast size opens up to a wide range of activities. Immerse in therapeutic healing at Kuramathi Spa as we revive the holiday psyche. Younger guests find thrilling options at Bageecha Kids club, featuring fun and educational experiences. There is something for everyone on this paradisiacal haven that embodies Maldives in a natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives