“trip of a life time.”

Kuramathi Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kuramathi
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have to say that we didn,t write a report about our trip,guest just lazy but after reading all the TERRIBLE reports this place is getting i just wanted to say a few things.
\
1, we had a water villa WOW what a place to spend a week in very clean,big and a joy to open the curtains every morning and c that view.

2, I,m sick and tried of people complaining about taking a drink back to there rooms i can say we didn,t have an issue we that ay all, just ask the staff if it,s ok .

3, We ate at most restaurants and found all the staff extremely friendly and curitious at all times, food was very good and of a good high standard.

4, People should go on vacation to get away from issues in there lives not put it in there suitcases and take it out when they get there.

Many thanks Andrew /Susanne Thompson

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank andrew628
Write a ReviewReviews (4,098)

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We have been to the Maldives 5 times and this is the best island we have stayed at, its a beautiful island with lovely layed out with its trees and plants, it takes about 30 minutes to walk the length of the island. The staff are fantastic and the service is like being on a cruise ship and Vicky the Kuoni is wonderful and cannot do enough for you and you can contact her any time. You must upgrade to select AI is fantastic the food is amazing and all the restuarants are excellent, you have to book at 10am at reception and you can book two days in advance, we had no trouble booking at any restuarant. My wife is an experienced diver and she had some really good dives, she rated some dives 10/10 which is rare for my wife. My only slight disappointment was the beach villas are in a shaded area and are dark inside and not as close to the beach as other islands we have stayed but that is just a minor point. This island is 5 star and we will defenately be coming back.

2  Thank tich8
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We were here in November for the second time. I always worry about returning somewhere when it has been so good, but no need to worry was just as good if not better the second time around and we will be returning this year.

Travelled by sea plane which is a must as amazing views.

Rooms
We stayed in a beach villa and these are amazing, large rooms, large bathroom and outside shower, which is an experience. I wouldn't upgrade my room as we don't spend any time in our room apart from sleeping and getting ready.

Eating and drinking

The cocktails are amazing and if there is nothing on the menu you fancy they will make you a speciality one. The bar staff are all amazing and remember what drinks you have had. They even knew our room number half way through our stay.

The food is the best I have ever had on an all inclusive, we do do the select all inclusive which I would totally recommend.

The island coffee shop and palm are the best for lunch with amazing dishes, too many to actually list as they are all good.

The Island BBQ for steak is amazing, you must go for the flambé steak Diane cooked to perfection every time. I am not specifically a pudding person but the Creme brûlée is as good as any you get in a top class restaurant.

The Reef is also very good especially for fish.

The Duniye we were not keen on, we tried twice and all a little bit too strange for me.

Some people seem to complain about booking the restaurants, we never found this a problem we always went for a 9pm booking and got into the restaurant we wanted every time.

The fish are amazing when you are standing in the sea they come and swim around you, even the sharks come close but they are harmless reef sharks.

Basically one of the best holidays we have been on and will be returning again.

Paradise

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lyndasam1
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The most beautiful, idyllic tranquil place we have ever seen. Just amazing, after 18 hours travelling and totally shattered the minute you see the island you can't do anything but smile. Everything we expected and more. We stayed for a week in a water villa with jacuzzi with the a la carte all inc package and would have changed nothing. The staff are fantastic, friendly, attentive and very professional they make no mistakes, villa was cleaned twice daily, my wife loved the towel art left on the bed ! Food delicious especially the Duniye if you like fine dining then you must go here and try the wagyu beef - lovely. The island is spotlessly clean and there is no need for shoes, strange at first but you get used to it. The sunset cruise was fab, plenty of dolphins in their natural habitat. Snorkling is a must, we are new to it but so glad we did it. You can take wine back to your villa providing you have acquired it in the restaurant and opened it there then it's not a problem. The shuttle bus/buggy ferries you around and is very frequent. If you plan to use the spa I can highly recommend the couples rebirth, just when you think you can't relax anymore there's the spa! We transferred by seaplane - their time keeping is appalling, we waited 90 minutes, some waited 3 hours for their transfer! One word of warning the island becomes very very dark and you can easily pass where you are meant to be going! There is a torch supplied and you should take it out with you at least for the first couple of nights. On the whole Kuramathi is just a world away from real life my wife actually cried when we had to leave the whole experience was something that dreams are made of, we would love to go back. My only moan is I have nothing to moan about!!

7  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have just returned from a two week holiday with my girlfriend on Kuramathi island, and have to say it was amazing. From the moment we arrived everything was perfect and we were looked after extremely well. We stayed in the superior villa with Jacuzzi, on the lagoon side of the island, which was ideally located for all the amenities on the island, and the facilities in the room were excellent. The rooms are very nicely presented, and are cleaned twice a day to a very high standard, so for the limited amount of time you spend in the room, it is very pleasant. The restaurants offer a wide range of dining experiences, with our personal favourites being the Reef, the Thai and the Palm, all of which provided excellent food. We also ate in the normal buffet restaurants, and I have to say that the food there is excellent as well, but we felt that it was nice to try other places. The service and friendliness of the staff is better than I have experienced in most places, and having visited the Maldives on several other occasions, I would have to say that the staff and service on Kuramathi are a step above anywhere else I have been. The diving schools are very professionally run and offer some of the best diving I have ever had. We were lucky enough to see Hammerheads and Manta’s, which was amazing, and the abundance of fish life all around the island was extremely impressive. They also offer a very well stocked water sports centre, with all new equipment, but we stuck to the catamarans which was perhaps less strenuous than the windsurfing, but gave a great view of the island and surrounding lagoon.
The island is extremely clean, and the plant life is so well looked after, it really is a tropical paradise, and we are already looking to book for next year. My girlfriend and I have both tried to work out how we could have improved on the holiday and where we could go that would beat it, but so far we haven’t come up with a solution apart from making the holiday longer next time in Kuramathi.
Alun J

6  Thank Alun J
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed in Kuramathi in June 2013 for our honeymoon on the select all inclusive option. From start to finish it was amazing and we didn't want to leave!!

We took the sea plane transfer and the views are absolutely stunning (def recommend this).

We stayed in a deluxe villa with Jacuzzi (room 121) which was on the reef side of the island and it was perfect. The other side of the island (lagoon) is def easier for swimming in. I wouldn't say that one side of the island is better than the other. We just wondered to the lagoon side if we just wanted to swim rather than snorkel.

The food and cocktails are amazing and the staff are great at remembering what you drink. All the staff are friendly and always say hello when you pass. We enjoyed all the speciality restaurants with the bbq and the indian being our favourite. We never had any problem booking into any of the speciality restaurants and certainly were not down at reception first thing to get booked.

Overall, there is nothing I would change about our honeymoon to Kuramathi and if you are thinking about going, just book you won't be disappointed.

ps - the banana daiquiris are amazing!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lindsay S
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just got home from 5 nights at kumarathi in a superior beach villa with jacuzzi, we loved it, I would recommend the all inclusive a la carte as buffet restaurants are nice but the other restaurants are great I loved the Dunyi apart from there being no fans it was nearly unbearable for my husband at times, the food was first class, service exceptional. My husband loved the Island BBQ steak and fish cooked perfectly, we were told the Reef was the best but found it disappointing as the service felt rushed and fish was very boney and the place lacked atmosphere. Siam gardens was lovely too, so much choice all the staff are so proud of their work and so they should be everyone was polite, cheerful and helpful. Don't bother with fancy shoes as they will get spoilt as sand paths everywhere. We stayed in room 129 great situation as four steps to sea!!!!! Snorkeling was a great experience, enough to see and do felt 5 days were enough as I think I would pop if I stayed there any longer!!!! Oh ice cream in Palm were lush lots of flavours. Would definitely return and recommend to all

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuramathi
19 mi away
21 mi away
W Maldives
W Maldives
#1 of 1 in Fesdhoo Island

Been to Kuramathi Island Resort? Share your experiences!