We are a couple in our fifties and we went to Kuramathi island in January. Good time to go with dry hot weather. Didn't notice the mosquitoes. Kuramathi is a large island with a beautiful sand spit on one end and lovely beaches. We don't snorkel, so can't comment. Although in the shallows of the lagoons, easy to see some fish, including baby sharks. About the beaches, very easy to swim all along the garden bungalow side - fantastic clear beauitful water with a great depth.
We stayed in the garden bungalow. Clean and decent rooms with everything you could want, aircon, tv and dvd player a lounge a large comfortable bed, tea and coffee facilities, stocked mini bar included in the AI plan, which we had and a very good bathroom with two showers, one under cover and one in the open air with a tall wall all around and half roof, like most in the Maldives. Beautiful fluffy towels. Bathroom products.
There was a beautiful exquisitely clear lagoon outside our room and the sand outside the garden bungalows is beautiful, soft and white - Heaven. But, and a very big but, is that there is a very visible local island from this part of the island. It's sort of odd actually, that the best sand and the best lagoon are here, in my opinion, but not the best outlook towards the ocean.- but what an ocean. Having said that, though, I would not have chosen anywhere else to stay because the sand and the lagoon here made up for the outlook. I actually loved this part of the island the best also because of the ambience around the pool and the bar, if you go there, you'll know what I mean. Very soft sand to walk on all around this part of the island and we walked around it quite a few times, some of the more expensive rooms don't have soft sand around their bungalows at all. It was compacted.
The sand spit is indeed fantastic, as has been said by many a reviewer and it is indeed true. Eerily quiet but beautifully mesmerising. My husband walked to the extreme tip, it was amazing. I only went half way and watched him get quite small in the distance. Wow! It's corally sand here, so take your shoes. I dipped into the water, I coudn't resist, it was so fantastic. Although, most people just went for a walk or came at sunset, also amazing. Don't miss it if you come.
When we were there it seemed quiet and you only saw a few people around the beaches, there was plenty of room for all. Lots of people at dinner time though, so because it's a large island, there's plenty of room to spread out. The buffet food was much better at lunch than at dinner, oddly enough. Breakfast very good. Cocktails are also very good. Been to Reethi, though, where I thought their buffet food was better. But just in comparison, if you're interested, in my opinion, Kuramathi is a better island apart from the food.
Would I go back to Kuramathi, definitely, a resounding yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Rasdhoo Atoll , Kuramathi Maldives is 1.8 km in length and tapers to a pristine stretch of white sandbank, lending a dramatic quality to the idyllic surroundings of turquoise lagoons, tropical jungle and flora. Catering to all budgets, 12 distinct choices of villas are on offer, ranging from the individual Beach Villas to the idyllic Water Villas with Pool. A splendid pick for families and friends travelling together is the Two Bedroom Beach house. Savour exquisite dishes from 12 superb restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Sip exotic cocktails in the 7 bars located in beautiful settings around the island. The island's vast size opens up to a wide range of activities. Immerse in therapeutic healing at Kuramathi Spa as we revive the holiday psyche. Younger guests find thrilling options at Bageecha Kids club, featuring fun and educational experiences. There is something for everyone on this paradisiacal haven that embodies Maldives in a natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ctrip TA, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives