We chose Kuramathi for our honeymoon and we are glad we did that.
The breath-taking views, ambience, friendliness, helpful staff, everything about the resort was just perfect.
First of all, we arrived at the resort one day later as per our booking, as our flight was cancelled. We intimated our travel agent and resort about the same. We were greeted by local Maldivian guy at the airport, who helped us in managing the sea plane transfer to the resort. Before departing, we were taken to Kuramathi airport lounge. From that point onwards, we could imagine how beautiful the resort would be.
On arrival, we were greeted by one of the lovely resort staff member. She explained us about our package and the resort facilities. We heard that they generally upgrade to next category room on arrival, however, in our case they didn't do. Still, our room - beach villa with Jacuzzi was way too nice. The honeymoon benefits were not really what we expected. The flower decoration upon arrival cannot be really called as flower decoration since there were only four small flowers on the bed. There was no fruit basket but just a small tray with 3 fruits. And, since we don't drink wine, the bottle of wine was not useful either.
About food - We would suggest to go for basic AI only. Select AI is just waste of money in our opinion. You go to Maldives to relax and have a good time, not just to eat, eat & eat. We think basic AI should suit to everyone. The variety of food was way too extensive. All the drinks at the bar were great! The view from every bar ( Laguna, Fung, etc.) was fantastic.
Another worth mentioning point is the Sunset Cruise which you cannot afford to miss. Champagne on the boat in the middle of the Indian ocean...just amazing!
We never felt that the resort was crowded.
We reached hotel one day later as per our booking as our flight was cancelled. The reservation manager took 3 days to agree and extend our stay.
We nearly missed catching our flight back to Delhi. The sea plane which was supposed to take us back, first arrived late and then departed for Gangehi resort to drop couple of people. Due to all this mess, we reached Airport 5 mins prior to close of check-in.
However, these were minor issues and we would definitely recommend this resort to everyone.
Indeed, trip of a lifetime.
Our rating for this resort-
Location - 5/5
Food - 5/5
Room Service - 5/5
Staff - 5/5
Ambience - 5/5
Value for money - 4/5
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Rasdhoo Atoll , Kuramathi Maldives is 1.8 km in length and tapers to a pristine stretch of white sandbank, lending a dramatic quality to the idyllic surroundings of turquoise lagoons, tropical jungle and flora. Catering to all budgets, 12 distinct choices of villas are on offer, ranging from the individual Beach Villas to the idyllic Water Villas with Pool. A splendid pick for families and friends travelling together is the Two Bedroom Beach house. Savour exquisite dishes from 12 superb restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Sip exotic cocktails in the 7 bars located in beautiful settings around the island. The island's vast size opens up to a wide range of activities. Immerse in therapeutic healing at Kuramathi Spa as we revive the holiday psyche. Younger guests find thrilling options at Bageecha Kids club, featuring fun and educational experiences. There is something for everyone on this paradisiacal haven that embodies Maldives in a natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives