Just got back from a week long stay at Kuramathi and can't speak highly enough of the island. We had about 6 different islands to choose from and are so glad we went with Kuramathi, the array of restaurants and bars is just incredible. We chose to go for the Select All Inclusive which I highly recommend, the quality of the restaurants are fantastic and the convenience of walking past a bar and grabbing a free cocktail anytime of the night or day is great.
The huge positives regarding Kuramathi for us were;
- Snorkelling. We regularly snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and the reef at Kuramathi rivals this, we constantly saw amazing schools of colourful fish, sharks, rays and eels. We also saw dolphins swimming past and the water is so clear, we often saw sharks and rays walking back to our rooms.
- Food and Drink. The quality of the food is amazing, much like a top restaurant anywhere in the world. Our favourites were the Indian, the Island Barbeque and definitely the Island Coffee shop for lunch. Almost every bar has an amazing view over the ocean.
- Customer service. I was surprised to read other posters unhappy with the service, we didn't get over the top friendly service but we were always met with a smile and helped out, often asked how our day was going. We didn't really need much more than that and were happy.
One final thing, for non-smokers (and other Australians who aren't used to smoking ANYWHERE around food or drink), be prepared for people smoking in the bars and also outside in the restaurants. My wife and I are non-smokers and found this to be a bit confronting and moved a few times because a whole table would light up near us. This isn't a crack at Kuramathi as the laws there allow this, but as Australians we find it astonishing that it's now 2014 and so many countries (and people) think it's still okay to smoke where there's food and drink being served.
This doesn't detract from our holiday though and a well deserved 5 stars for Kuramathi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives