Stayed at Kuramathi 20th-27th April. The trip was arranged for us by Nicola at Holidays Please. Nicola was exceptional - really went above and beyond to help us sort out our trip, and helped us when my parents from Australia decided to come as well. It is such a pleasure to find such high quality service.
We only have good things to say about Kuramathi. We stayed in a Superior Beach Villa with jacuzzi (though never used the Jacuzzi!). 131 and 132. Ours was a few yards from the beach, parents effectively looking out to sea. Villas are spacious and beautiful. Not that you spend very much time in them. We also chose the Select All Inclusive package, which I would recommend to anyone. Fabulous to start each evening with cocktails at sunset at one of the many bars around the island, and to be able to dine at any of the fantastic restaurants.
The island is stunning, and kept immaculate by an army of staff. The helpfulness and friendliness of the staff at Kuramathi will be one of our abiding memories. They were all lovely, but our waiter at our appointed buffet (Abu) was particularly charming. The guys and ladies in the dive centre were also so friendly and helpful. All these people really make a holiday special.
The sea is wonderful - azure and warm (in places bath temperature!!) The house reef is magnificent - for fish life rather than corals. Just so amazing to snorkel with reef sharks gracefully swimming by, not to mention all the myriad of other fascinating fish to float among. We did a couple of snorkelling safaris as well, and saw lots of rays and the odd turtle.
Our ten year old daughter learned scuba diving, and she could not have been in better hands. Great patient, thorough, caring and enthusiastic instruction. She was thrilled beyond measure.
Worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives