My husband and I booked a 10 night stay beginning on the 16th April and had the most amazing honeymoon. We booked a deluxe beach villa and after having looked around the island we both agreed they seem to be in the best location, tucked away at the top of the Island nr the sand spit. We were in room 334 which had a nice strip of beach directly in front of it, along with some foliage which offered some shade and added privacy.
We opted for the select all inclusive package and as many reviewers have stated, we were so pleased we did. The choice of restaurants is very good and all of the food we had was delicious. Our favourites were the island coffee shop for lunch and the reef and island bbq for dinner - we ate at both of these restaurants three times each. Others have mentioned difficulties with booking the restaurants however we stayed when the hotel was at 95% capacity and never had a problem booking somewhere to eat. We tried the buffet restaurant on two occasions and the food was ok but I don't think I would not have enjoyed eating every meal there.
There is plenty of opportunity to go snorkeling and it really is a must do! Neither my husband or I have any previous experience of snorkeling but both picked it up pretty quickly. You can use the snorkel channels to swim out over the coral and then swim along the coral wall where we saw some big reef shark, a turtle and lots of different fish. A fantastic experience!
Overall a fantastic honeymoon holiday, we were very sad to leave the beautiful island!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Rasdhoo Atoll , Kuramathi Maldives is 1.8 km in length and tapers to a pristine stretch of white sandbank, lending a dramatic quality to the idyllic surroundings of turquoise lagoons, tropical jungle and flora. Catering to all budgets, 12 distinct choices of villas are on offer, ranging from the individual Beach Villas to the idyllic Water Villas with Pool. A splendid pick for families and friends travelling together is the Two Bedroom Beach house. Savour exquisite dishes from 12 superb restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Sip exotic cocktails in the 7 bars located in beautiful settings around the island. The island's vast size opens up to a wide range of activities. Immerse in therapeutic healing at Kuramathi Spa as we revive the holiday psyche. Younger guests find thrilling options at Bageecha Kids club, featuring fun and educational experiences. There is something for everyone on this paradisiacal haven that embodies Maldives in a natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives