“Great but be aware of one thing......”

Kuramathi Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kuramathi
“Great but be aware of one thing......”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hi Recently stayed at Kuramarthi. Is a fantastic resort. Rooms/food/island/staff all 1st class excellent!

Just wanted to add one thing which doesnt seem to be mentioned and was a bit of a fly in the ointment for us. There is an adjacent island that has a big telecommunications tower on it which can be quite clearly seen from many parts of the island. So if you want that real total natural beauty idyll be aware of that.

But the island itself really is paradise and couldn't fault anything else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank trev r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (805)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I've just arrived home after an amazing 9 nights staying on this island. Its better than we could ever have imagined.
Every time we were in Fung bar we were always served with a smile from Abdulla and Shathir and all the other staff.
The restaurant Haruge, the food was lovely, plenty of choice an was so full after it served by Mohammed.
All the staff were very friendly and helped us any time we needed help. we stayed in villa 27.
rooms were spotless. cleaned twice a day, fresh towels, was even giving a tin of mozi spray for night time after we got bit few times

We will definitely be planning our next Maldives holidays back in Kuramathi for 2 years time, Unfortunately
we cant go next year as were are getting married,
Would definitely recommend to any one to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank martinbyrne12
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Went for honeymoon and thought this place was fantastic. It is larger than the other islands but this made it better as there are more restaurants to choose from. Although the island is big you still feel like your the only ones there. Would recommend visiting here and can't wait till we go back. All the restaurants were excellent and the staff were only too willing to help. Ideal location for couples - we stayed on the water villas but all accommodations looked great!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hoochy79
Winnersh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I went to Kuramathi for my 50th birthday holiday and it was simply amazing from start to finish. We enjoyed 10 nights in August, 2014, 5 of which were in a Superior Beach villa with Jacuzzi and then 5 in a Water villa with Jacuzzi. So glad we had both rooms, equally gorgeous, as each offered different things and enabled us to explore different parts of the island with ease. Felt like two holidays. Kuramathi is so incredibly beautiful-believe all the great reviews-everything is true and more. I could rave about the island for days and still not cover everything. Fortunately we picked the All Select option which seemed expensive at booking but was so worth the money as we got to eat everywhere with no restrictions and no bill each night-fab!. The speciality restaurants were to die for especially our favourites-Island Barbecue....Steak Diane was the best ever..., Duniye- very different-their Wagu beef... softest in the world and Palm...very laid back and relaxing.My husband also loved the Island Coffee shop and the waiter was brilliant. I was unexpectedly sung to in the Reef restaurant and given a birthday cake-nice touch. Staff everywhere were so helpful. The sunset cruise was lovely and it was amazing to see the dolphins swimming next to the boat. Snorkelling was also unforgettable....so many beautiful fish and then the reef sharks...yes they are harmless but it still made my heart pound every time I saw one. The weather was faultless-only cloudy day was when we visited the local island by boat so it was a welcome depart from the hot sun on other days. The only thunder storm one night was amazing and I stood on the deck to watch more, even though 3 in the morning.The flowers were stunning, we did the hydroponics walk which was really informative and enjoyable. The sand spit was totally beautiful and the photos incredible memories of simply the best holiday of my life so far. I doubt that I will find anything better and will dream of this place FOREVER. Thanks Kuramathi, DREAMS CAN COME TRUE!. I just hope my review tells even a little of that happy, amazing and unforgettable holiday. Debbie

Room Tip: Both suites were worth every penny. superior Beach Villa was charming and the Jacuzzi a treat. then...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank prof007
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

It is hard to write a review without using every cliche in the book but Kuramathi is simply a paradise that nurtures the soul. Every single minute of our 9 night holiday was breathtaking. I didn't even manage to read a page of my book because I couldn't drag my eyes away from the beauty all around...from the turquoise tuna in the sea and the reef sharks to the stunning flowers and foliage. The people are amazingly friendly and helpful. We stayed in room 242 (a water bungalow with jacuzzi) and thoroughly recommend them but all the rooms looked rather lovely. We happened to be in the middle of the Island which I preferred. The beauty of the water bungalow though was the wind from the open ocean - it was heavenly. I read another review who complained about the sound of the waves which surprised me - the sound of the waves was lovely but you can barely hear them indoors over the sound of the air conditioning (which is much needed - boy it is hot in the Maldives and like someone else mentioned...don't bother looking at any weather reports before going). We went at the end of May to June 9th and although it was the rainy season every day saw blue sky and hot sun. We had a couple of rainstorms over night which were no problem. We also went All Select and I would recommend it for the ultimate holiday but the buffet is absolutely amazing so if you need to budget don't bother. Our favourites were the Thai (Siam Garden), the Italian (the Palm) and the fish restaurant (The Reef) but the Island BBQ was also lovely and I have to agree with all the raving about the Steak Dianne....it was truly an experience. One tip is to take an anti-histemine every morning then you won't be remotely bothered by the mozzies. Also, take plenty of dollar bills for tipping as the service deserves it. They are brilliant (big heads up to our lovely waiters Naid and Wais). I expected the lack of alcohol in the mini bar to be a problem but it wasn't...the bars are not far and they are so lovely there was no need to stop in your room....but on the odd occasion we took a few cans of lager back to the room for the afternoon and you are also allowed to take a bottle of wine back but we never got round to that, we enjoyed the bars too much. We got the boat to the island (bottle of water and cold flannel provided on launch) and the sea plane back. I am a very nervous flyer and I was dreading the sea plane but it was actually great fun and over in less than 20 minutes. So, all in all....book this place. But be warned....you may find it very hard to find another holiday to match it after you've been. I am totally in love with the island and hope to return in the not too distant future. Thanks for the memories!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 242 which was a water villa with jacuzzi. Thoroughly recommend it as it is in the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Vix W
Chippenham uk
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We booked a 10 day stay here at the start of May 2014
After a long flight we were welcomed to the seaplane lounge which was a lovely relaxing experience, food , drinks and wifi were provided.
We would recommend paying for seaplane transfers as this speeds up the whole process and also means you don't have to leave the island so early in the morning on your way home.
The resort itself was absolutely amazing, staff couldn't be more helpful. We stayed in a water villa with jacuzzi and had reef sharks swimming underneath.
We chose the select all inclusive dining and as long as you are flexible with times booking each meal is not a problem, the restaurants were absolutely fantastic and food amazing.
We didn't have breakfast in our allocated buffet restaurant but instead went for the Maldivian curry in the island coffee shop - fantastic experience.
All in all an amazing resort that we could not fault - we will be back

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Raimonh
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We travelled here at the end of May 2014, and spent 10 magical days in what can only be described as paradise.
We stupidly scanned daily the weather reports prior to leaving, which did take some of the excitement away.
Big mistake!! Don't do it, they're not reliable in the slightest. Yes, we had one episode of torrential rain during the day, but rest assured it only lasted max 15-20 mins, it then returned to the beautiful blue sky and basking heat. It rained during the night on a few occasions, not that that affected us in the slightest.
We stayed in room 260, one of the water villas with jacuzzi, it was pretty much in the middle of the island, and it took us probably 2-3mins to walk to the Lagoon side, which was where our designated restaurant was. We had already upgraded to the Select All Inclusive, highly recommend you do this. We favoured the Indian and the Siam, along with the Island Coffee Shop. The food is faultless, the staff were always polite, very attentive and knowledgable about the dishes they were serving.
Room was cleaned twice a day, clean towels provided even when we didn't put them to clean. We made use of the buggy service daily, occasionally you needed to wait a few minutes, but given we didn't need to get to work, or have any appointments, this truly wasn't an issue, it gave you more opportunity to take in the beautiful surroundings along with the wildlife.
I have never seen such huge bats, and they certainly weren't shy, flying around during the day, my husband and I spent lots of time watching the crabs busy digging their homes, shifting the sand, claw full by claw full, yes, we're probably sad, but this is how relaxed and tranquil we found this island.
We thoroughly enjoyed the Sunset cruise, what an absolute delight seeing so many dolphins in there natural environment. The snorkelling was amazing, seeing Turtles on both the house reef and when we went on the snorkelling safari.
I needed to visit the medical centre due to the number of mosquito bites I had, again fantastic service. They had sprayed the island, but it then rained, so it was unavoidable. We used repellents which proved to be useless. The medical centre gave me antihistamine tablets, which only cost $10 for 10 days, within 10 mins I was itch free, and could get on and enjoy my holiday.
This was our first experience of a holiday of this calibre, it definitely won't be the last. I could go on and on, but it's just repeating other reviews.
If your thinking about going, don't hesitate, book now!! We booked through Nicola at Holidaysplease. Fantastic service, knowledge and advice.

Room Tip: Go for the best room you can afford, snorkelling is better on the side where the water villas with j...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Pauline N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuramathi
Kandolhu Maldives
#1 of 1 in Halaveli Island
W Maldives
W Maldives
#1 of 1 in Fesdhoo Island

Been to Kuramathi Island Resort? Share your experiences!