“Amazing honeymoon”

Kuramathi Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kuramathi
Reviewed 26 June 2014

During our wedding planning i decided i wanted to book our honeymoon and keep it a secret until our wedding day. After 10 months of telling the mrs we were going to Bognor she was amazed when i told her where we were going. The pressure was on and Kuramathi didn't disappoint us.

We had a beach villa 25 located about 30 yards from a stunning tree lined beach with clear blue water. Our room was spotless and cleaned twice a day and clean towels. The Island is fairly big so a shuttle cart is available to take you around the island but just walking around is better to take in all the views.

We were allocated to the Haruge restaurant where we were given a table for our stay the food was really good plenty to choose from with hot and cold food. The waiters were also very friendly and chatty our waiter Ali always knew the world cup scores and gave me updates every morning.

A few tips if you go.

Go see the Stingray feeding that happens every night at 18:30 the man is crazy

Snorkelling there is plenty of places to do this an is a must. Amazing fishes and sharks and if your lucky you will see a sea turtle.

Sunset at the top of the island is amazing to watch great for photos

Don't bother packing shoes you don't need them.

The spa is well worth a trip too as well its a bit expensive but the rooms overlooking the sea is stunning.

The only thing we found annoying was when you buy stuff from the shop you have to a service charge of 8% on top of 10% tax we were never told about this charge but it does add up by the end of your trip.

I would highly recommend Kuramathi i would go back tomorrow if i could.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank WayneSansom1980
Write a ReviewReviews (4,057)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed at this wonderful property for 5 nights, in March 2013 to celebrate our honeymoon.
As soon as we stepped down from ferry on the jetty we were greeted by very warm staff. They took us to the reception where we were welcomed with wet towels and welcome drink. The reception is surrounded with greenery and has beautiful furniture. The staff was very efficient, they hardly took any time to check us in. A golf cart took us to our water villa and we were pleased to see that our luggage had reached even before us. The room was specially decorated with tropical flowers. And there was a complimentary fruit tray.
We had opted for full board. The breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets used to be sumptuous. All the three restaurants Haruge, Malaafaiy and Farivalhu are tastefully done. The bars offer superb cocktails. My favorite were fung bar and the Laguna bar. Fung bar and sand bar merge into each other and are the liveliest as they are near the reception. Laguna is the quietest and at the end of the island but was close to our water villa. There is a sting ray feeding show near Laguna jetty in the evening.
The spa is situated at the middle of the island and is surrounded by thick foliage. U have to book at least 3 hours in advance. It reminds u of Balinese architecture with wooden ceilings and beautiful wooden furniture. They give u green tea or ginger water and ginger candy while u're waiting for ur masseuse . We went for the couples' spa and were so happy with it that again booked it but this time at the water pavilion massage room. It was raining that day and setting seemed perfectly romantic. The plunge pool at the spa has a jacuzzi and was decorated with flowers. We simply loved it.
We missed the dhoni sunset cruise cos I took a lot of time at the spa. But the cruise came back in 10 mins because it had started to rain, so we didn't miss much :D Book it as soon as u land at the resort.
My husband even went for snorkelling. Gear is available at the shop near reception. Be careful with it, if u break it they'll charge u.
Our stay was short but I lived my dream of a Maldivian honeymoon. It was thoroughly relaxing after a hectic indian wedding. I just can't wait to visit kuramathi again.

*kuramathi lounge at the seaplane terminal is awesome. U can nibble on yum snacks and soft drinks while u wait for the plane.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hi Recently stayed at Kuramarthi. Is a fantastic resort. Rooms/food/island/staff all 1st class excellent!

Just wanted to add one thing which doesnt seem to be mentioned and was a bit of a fly in the ointment for us. There is an adjacent island that has a big telecommunications tower on it which can be quite clearly seen from many parts of the island. So if you want that real total natural beauty idyll be aware of that.

But the island itself really is paradise and couldn't fault anything else.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank trev r
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I've just arrived home after an amazing 9 nights staying on this island. Its better than we could ever have imagined.
Every time we were in Fung bar we were always served with a smile from Abdulla and Shathir and all the other staff.
The restaurant Haruge, the food was lovely, plenty of choice an was so full after it served by Mohammed.
All the staff were very friendly and helped us any time we needed help. we stayed in villa 27.
rooms were spotless. cleaned twice a day, fresh towels, was even giving a tin of mozi spray for night time after we got bit few times

We will definitely be planning our next Maldives holidays back in Kuramathi for 2 years time, Unfortunately
we cant go next year as were are getting married,
Would definitely recommend to any one to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank martinbyrne12
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Went for honeymoon and thought this place was fantastic. It is larger than the other islands but this made it better as there are more restaurants to choose from. Although the island is big you still feel like your the only ones there. Would recommend visiting here and can't wait till we go back. All the restaurants were excellent and the staff were only too willing to help. Ideal location for couples - we stayed on the water villas but all accommodations looked great!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hoochy79
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I went to Kuramathi for my 50th birthday holiday and it was simply amazing from start to finish. We enjoyed 10 nights in August, 2014, 5 of which were in a Superior Beach villa with Jacuzzi and then 5 in a Water villa with Jacuzzi. So glad we had both rooms, equally gorgeous, as each offered different things and enabled us to explore different parts of the island with ease. Felt like two holidays. Kuramathi is so incredibly beautiful-believe all the great reviews-everything is true and more. I could rave about the island for days and still not cover everything. Fortunately we picked the All Select option which seemed expensive at booking but was so worth the money as we got to eat everywhere with no restrictions and no bill each night-fab!. The speciality restaurants were to die for especially our favourites-Island Barbecue....Steak Diane was the best ever..., Duniye- very different-their Wagu beef... softest in the world and Palm...very laid back and relaxing.My husband also loved the Island Coffee shop and the waiter was brilliant. I was unexpectedly sung to in the Reef restaurant and given a birthday cake-nice touch. Staff everywhere were so helpful. The sunset cruise was lovely and it was amazing to see the dolphins swimming next to the boat. Snorkelling was also unforgettable....so many beautiful fish and then the reef sharks...yes they are harmless but it still made my heart pound every time I saw one. The weather was faultless-only cloudy day was when we visited the local island by boat so it was a welcome depart from the hot sun on other days. The only thunder storm one night was amazing and I stood on the deck to watch more, even though 3 in the morning.The flowers were stunning, we did the hydroponics walk which was really informative and enjoyable. The sand spit was totally beautiful and the photos incredible memories of simply the best holiday of my life so far. I doubt that I will find anything better and will dream of this place FOREVER. Thanks Kuramathi, DREAMS CAN COME TRUE!. I just hope my review tells even a little of that happy, amazing and unforgettable holiday. Debbie

Room Tip: Both suites were worth every penny. superior Beach Villa was charming and the Jacuzzi a treat. then...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank prof007
Reviewed 18 June 2014

It is hard to write a review without using every cliche in the book but Kuramathi is simply a paradise that nurtures the soul. Every single minute of our 9 night holiday was breathtaking. I didn't even manage to read a page of my book because I couldn't drag my eyes away from the beauty all around...from the turquoise tuna in the sea and the reef sharks to the stunning flowers and foliage. The people are amazingly friendly and helpful. We stayed in room 242 (a water bungalow with jacuzzi) and thoroughly recommend them but all the rooms looked rather lovely. We happened to be in the middle of the Island which I preferred. The beauty of the water bungalow though was the wind from the open ocean - it was heavenly. I read another review who complained about the sound of the waves which surprised me - the sound of the waves was lovely but you can barely hear them indoors over the sound of the air conditioning (which is much needed - boy it is hot in the Maldives and like someone else mentioned...don't bother looking at any weather reports before going). We went at the end of May to June 9th and although it was the rainy season every day saw blue sky and hot sun. We had a couple of rainstorms over night which were no problem. We also went All Select and I would recommend it for the ultimate holiday but the buffet is absolutely amazing so if you need to budget don't bother. Our favourites were the Thai (Siam Garden), the Italian (the Palm) and the fish restaurant (The Reef) but the Island BBQ was also lovely and I have to agree with all the raving about the Steak Dianne....it was truly an experience. One tip is to take an anti-histemine every morning then you won't be remotely bothered by the mozzies. Also, take plenty of dollar bills for tipping as the service deserves it. They are brilliant (big heads up to our lovely waiters Naid and Wais). I expected the lack of alcohol in the mini bar to be a problem but it wasn't...the bars are not far and they are so lovely there was no need to stop in your room....but on the odd occasion we took a few cans of lager back to the room for the afternoon and you are also allowed to take a bottle of wine back but we never got round to that, we enjoyed the bars too much. We got the boat to the island (bottle of water and cold flannel provided on launch) and the sea plane back. I am a very nervous flyer and I was dreading the sea plane but it was actually great fun and over in less than 20 minutes. So, all in all....book this place. But be warned....you may find it very hard to find another holiday to match it after you've been. I am totally in love with the island and hope to return in the not too distant future. Thanks for the memories!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 242 which was a water villa with jacuzzi. Thoroughly recommend it as it is in the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Vix W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuramathi
19 mi away
#1 of 1 in Fesdhoo Island
Gangehi Island Resort
Gangehi Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Gangehi Island

Been to Kuramathi Island Resort? Share your experiences!