We have just returned from an amazing two weeks here. It was breath taking from the moment we arrived till we made our way home. We booked the jacuzzi water villas with the select all inclusive. The staff cannot do enough for you, our room was perfect & thank you to our house keeper. The restaurants are hard to choose between but my favourites are the Island BBQ & Reef my husband is Thai & the coffee bar for lunch. We did try the main restaurant which is for the all inclusive guest & was very happy, we attended the Chinese buffet evening. The ice cream is a must a wide selection to choose from, my favourite was "screw pine" it's a must!!! There is an excellent selection of wine that you have to pay for, the only down side is the best wine is payable but you are also charged 10% service charge & 8% tax. The island is big at 1.8km in length but is every bit breath taking, if you have difficulty in walking more than 5 minutes there are golf buggies that go around the island that you can jump on.
The snorkelling is amazing with reef sharks swimming closely by & turtles plenty of reef & marine life to see. There is a full diving school available, a biologists & Eco centre.
We had a couples spa back message which was worth every penny, the only downside to the spa is man & women are kept separate in the sauna, steam room areas which is odd when you go as a couple :-(
The evening entertainment was one night a disco, 2nd night chill out music & 3rd night hope air movie then it rotated back to night 1 & so on!!! So take playing cards etc to entertain yourself.
Island hopping to the local island Rasdhoo is worth a visit & the sunset cruise is a must.
If you are considering the Maldives I would highly recommend this island as this is our third visit & the best by far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives