“PERFECT PARADISE!!!!!!”

Kuramathi Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kuramathi
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This place is postcard picture perfect and I can't believe anyone has anything bad to say!

We went on our honeymoon here for 8 nights in march, we stayed in a beach villa on select all inclusive. The food is amazing, regardless if whether it was a buffet or al a carte.

I recommend the hotel photo shoot, we have some amazing photos!!!
The spa is also phenomenal!!

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. My advice.....BOOK UP NOW!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,098)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This isw a late review by me and my wife as we went to Kuramathi in August 2013 for our honey moon. Every element of this holiday was wonderful.
We initially discounted this island as it is one of the biggest islands but this is in fact a positive. Even though the island was at capacity we would hardly see other people and you could find long stretches of beach with no one there.
We did the standard all inclusive in a deluxe beach villa, this was a great result as the deluxe villa's although not huge were at the quiet end of the island.
Staff incredible, food very good although more than 10 days could be repetitive. Cocktail range was huge and excellent spirits available on the package. Hardly saw a child!
Transfer and lounge excellent, same table reserved every day, brilliant snorkeling over coral and fish varieties were magnificent.
Can't cover all the wonderful things but overall a perfect honeymoon!

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the island neat the sandbank, it is much quieter and the sandbank is majest...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have been there for 12 days for honeymoon and it was perfect! We stayed in a beach villa with jacuzzi, which was lovely.I had my birthday while we were there, and on the evening the staff had made me a cake and sang happy birthday!! We had 2 couples massages in the spa an also the ayurveda-massage is fantastic! It was a holiday of our lifetime....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sanne772
Reviewed 14 July 2014

All I can say is outstanding.
Wished I was still there. Amazing service and so beautiful
Staff are wonderful and the food to die for.
I love this place and would happily go back every well but I think they may be out if my budget.
I would deffo go back again and it the best I have been too overall as we have stayed on a number if Islands.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Steve445544
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We travelled here for a week at the start of May on our honeymoon and from start to finish everything was perfect.

We stayed in a beach villa with jacuzzi, which was lovely, staff were always attentive, my husband had his birthday whilst we were out there, and without us mentioning it, on the evening they had made him a cake, sang happy birthday and got him a card which I thought was fantastic. Also, considering the number of rooms on the island, it was really quiet - we found a small bit of beach where nobody else seemed to be and stayed there most of the week.

I would definately recommend going select all inclusive, it gave us so much freedom to eat/ drink anywhere on the island. We did intro to scuba, fab. Also we made use of the spa which was lovely esp when we had 30 minutes on our own on a jetty!

On our last night we paid for the serenade dinner, which I would say if you can afford is a must. We had a 5 course dinner by candlelight with wine and a private waiter, it really was the most perfect way to end our honeymoon.

To sum it up, amazing sun, sea, snorkelling, food, drink and experience, we are already saving to go back there!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank emmauk86
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Overall, very happy with our week in Kuramathi. My one piece of advice would be to UPGRADE to SELECT ALL INCLUSIVE! Trust me its well worth the extra money. There is a great selection and variety with the restaurants. We loved Island BBQ in the evening & the Palm for lunch but all the restaurants were excellent. All the bars are great and delicious cocktails. The staff in Dhoni Bar could be more friendly, and table service could be very slow sometimes. The service here was very good and staff friendly but having came from a week in Sri Lanka, the level of service just wasn't as good. They definitely go the extra mile in Sri Lanka which I felt wasn't always provided here.

We stayed in a Beach Villa, the room was adequate but I would have liked it to be a little more luxurious and I wouldn't consider it a beach villa, more a garden villa. Overall I was very happy and would return but would get an upgrade on our room choice. This is a beautiful island and very well maintained...... PARADISE!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cunga22
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is really everything you hope for when you book a holiday to a small island.
The island itself is not too small, but you can still walk from one side to the other in ~30mins (they also have golf carts driving the island to take you where you want to go) and it offers everthing: perfect beaches, water villas, beautiful nature, corals for snorkling etc.
The resort itself has done a great job in offering a high quality food, drinks and service while under an all inclusive formula (would certainly recommend to book all inclusive). There are about 7 small restaurants that all offer great quality food for their formula (fine dining, thai, indian, italian, BBQ, seafood, buffet style).
Whereever you eat or drink or what activities you take you have the feeling that staff is trying their best to make you feel welcome and offer you a great time.
There are lots of activities to do and we have done the snorkling, diving, deserted island visit and spa treatment and while not cheap you certainly feel afterwards that you got value for money.
We stayed in a water villa with jacuzzi and loved that we could just hop in the water from our villa and directly start snorkling.
Snorkling equipment is offered for free by the resort and just has to be returned the last day.

If you really want to nitpick you could say that wifi signal, while available almost everywhere is quite weak, but then again if necessary you could move to reception area where signal is acceptable if needed. Can't be an issue though when you're at such a perfect resort island.

We will definitely look for an opportunity to come back.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Deurdy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuramathi
19 mi away
21 mi away
W Maldives
W Maldives
#1 of 1 in Fesdhoo Island

Been to Kuramathi Island Resort? Share your experiences!