If you want serene, quiet, deserted island type place this is not for you.
If you want Maldives with lots of restaurant options, bars, kids club, shops, disco, diving options, big masts looking at you and don't mind it being busy then pay for Select AI and this is for you.
Because of our little one we stayed in beach villa with jacuzzi, 91 then moved to 149 when we complained. (Kids not allowed in water villas, safety issues) 91 is in garden not on beach. Don't bother with jacuzzi go for water villa or deluxe beach villa which are directly on your own private part of the beach at the top of island.
Food quality 10/10
Here were my pros and cons:
Island green waters
lovely white sands
Outside bathroom amazing
Amazing fish in restaurants.
Food in restaurants is very good, even tho you are in select AI you get just as good /better quality and size of portions.
Very good wine (select AI)
Fresh food cooked in restaurants is much better than buffet options
Island cafe, lovely food and staff.
All public bathrooms are amazing and very clean.
Generous strong cocktails (select AI)
Select AI means Select AI only things excluded were lobster and a few of the drinks. But most branded alcohol was readily available. We had bottles and bottles of Gallo rose and Sauvignon Blanc. Plus cocktails.
Great Kids club - much much better than average. swimming every day and they have birds which the children love, BBQ, marine talks.
Service is a bit hit and miss, half make u feel like you are a bother to them, other half fall over backwards for you.
Rooms average decor
Buffet - average to good food but service and strict table allocation policies let it down.
Large island, def a resort not small hotel. 30mins from one end to other in heat is hard work. But walking it helped me burn off all that food I was eating.
Weather - we only had 1 day of rain out of 10.
When we arrived on sea plane we were left on a pontoon waiting for a boat for approx 30mins in midday sun with a baby.
White Plastic tables and chairs
White plastic sun beds
Busy resort, not the serenity I was expecting.
Staff very restricted by managements policies.
In buffet - place was empty & asked to move to quiet table for our sleeping baby but not allowed. And of course baby woke up. Inflexible eating arrangements.
Website says free kids club under 3 but you have to pay 10 dollars an hour for under 3's.
Mosquitos... Spraying island twice a day but not enough! Both of us were covered in bites despite no perfume products and incognito bug spray.
Busy, very busy. Not the quiet haven I was expecting
No fresh coconut available! On a tropical island!!
No iced coffee's available! Closest I could get was a coffee milkshake in island coffee shop.
Lack of golf buggies, u have to know the route they take to catch one.
Service & maintenance trucks hurtling up & down the main rd.
Booking a water villa - I think that is what makes this resort or go somewhere else.
Going for 2 wks not 10 days.
Do do do Book extra select AI
Complain if not happy with villa, they will move u no problems.
Going to top of island it's much quieter. You can find quiet beaches if you exit the roads by the recommended snorkel exits.
Bugs! Mites & Mosquitos are plentiful. Do not wear any perfume products. Inc perfumed suntan lotion. Avoid green areas to avoid bugs.
Do go Snorkelling on the route opposite Laguna bar.
All in all we had an amazing holiday, just a few things that took the sheen off it... Couple of steps away from being the absolute best. It's a shame because they could really tweek a few things to make it perfect. It wasn't the quiet exclusive Maldives I was expecting but we still had an amazing holiday. Would I book this hotel again? No. But my husband said he would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives