My husband and myself stayed here for our 25th wedding anniversary after we stayed for 8 days in Sri Lanka and from the moment we arrived by speedboat it was amazing.
The boat took about 1 hour 20 to reach the island from the main land but when you step off the boat and are welcomed with a refreshing glass of mocktail and a smile from every member of staff it was well worth the bumpy sea.
Beaches are pure white with the bluest waters we have seen and always clean of garden litter as the gardeners on the island seem to be cleaning 24/7. Plenty of marine life to see even if you don't like snorkeling too much but if you do its amazing too good to be real.
We were glad we opted for the 7 night stay as this was not even enough to spend on this beautiful island.
Rooms; we stayed in a beach villa which is a bit miss leading as they are more in the gardens which at first we were a bit disappointed but where glad in the end as they are really quite and no one has to walk pass our villa to go anywhere unlike some villas on the island where you walk pass the there front door.
Food; we stayed on the basic all inclusive buffet style as we are not wine drinkers or exotic food eaters but we found there was never a day where there was nothing we didn't like and enjoy with every evening being a different theme from Chinese to USA cuisine. Waiters were all very attentive and a drink always waiting for you when you have filled your plate.
All in all this holiday was a 5 star ++++ and would love to go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives