I used this website to decide what island to choose in the Maldives so I felt that I needed to feedback on Kuramathi.
Went on the 31st March 2007 and flew on Sri Lankan Airlines. When we arrived and departed the seaplane we witnessed a school of dolphins just off the island (I knew from then that this was going to be an amazing holiday). We were given cold towels and a drink immediately. We stayed in a Superior Beach Bungalow which was lovely – a four poster bed and an outdoor shower looking up onto palm trees. The bungalow must have been less than 15 metres to the beach. The beach was always quiet and very peaceful.
The food was ok – nothing special but the usual standard for an all inclusive hotel. The buffet did vary nightly but I would suggest that you try and book in one of the other restaurants (you will pay extra though). We also went to the full moon buffet which was delicious.
If offered any excursions, the one I can totally recommend is the Coral Romance package. It was amazing!! You are taken to another island (about 45 minutes from Kuramthi by speedboat). We booked a Water Bungalow which cost us $600 for one night. This island was unbelievable. Total paradise!!! You are given spa treatments and a snorkelling lesson by the islands instructor. Your meals are also included along with dinner on the beach in the evening and a champagne breakfast brought to your room in the morning. A truly unforgettable experience – not to be missed.
Although the island visit was amazing – it was great to return to Kuramthi Island, mainly because of the atmosphere. Every member of staff and visitor was friendly. Suggestion – tip the barman at the beginning of the trip and this will ensure that you get served at the bar straight away.
My partner completed a PADI dive course and the instructors were both friendly and the services were quite reasonable. I thoroughly enjoyed the snorkelling and couldn’t believe the amount of fish around the islands coral.
I would thoroughly recommend this holiday to everyone. I have travelled around the Caribbean and would state the Maldives knocks spot off every Caribbean island I have visited. I am definitely going to return to Kuramthi as soon as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Rasdhoo Atoll , Kuramathi Maldives is 1.8 km in length and tapers to a pristine stretch of white sandbank, lending a dramatic quality to the idyllic surroundings of turquoise lagoons, tropical jungle and flora. Catering to all budgets, 12 distinct choices of villas are on offer, ranging from the individual Beach Villas to the idyllic Water Villas with Pool. A splendid pick for families and friends travelling together is the Two Bedroom Beach house. Savour exquisite dishes from 12 superb restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Sip exotic cocktails in the 7 bars located in beautiful settings around the island. The island's vast size opens up to a wide range of activities. Immerse in therapeutic healing at Kuramathi Spa as we revive the holiday psyche. Younger guests find thrilling options at Bageecha Kids club, featuring fun and educational experiences. There is something for everyone on this paradisiacal haven that embodies Maldives in a natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives