“Good place for affordable price”
Review of Alpa City Suites

Alpa City Suites
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Mandaue
Reviewed 28 April 2012

A good place to stay in Cebu, the hotel is clean, well decorated and has a modern aspect. The breakfast is also acceptable although not exceptional. The staff is helpful and welcoming and the rooms are good standard.
The bed we had was pretty small and the pillows are pretty low quality pillows which gave me neck pain but overall a good place. I would recommend this place to anyone travelling to Cebu and looking for a good standard hotel with an affordable budget.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Alpa City Suites

Reviewed 15 April 2012

The only hotel who called me to give room and reservation details.(Unlike other hotels who are taking forever to give you a response. This already gave me an idea that this is a good hotel)

We never had problems in checking in and checking out. The receptionists are very accomodating (actually, the whole staff is. Nobody ever fails to give you a greeting. You won't need to ask waiters to give you water, they're very sensitive of the customers needs. The security would open the doors for you. tried to open the door for myself but i always fail. haha. they would even offer to hail a taxi for you)

room is very very good! mini bar is always replenished with stuff just in case you want to have a quick snack. they have a security box/laptop safe so you're sure that your important stuff are secured whenever you go out. i love the view from the 7th floor room especially at night.

breakfast. now this is the part i love about alpa. you get a buffet continental breakfast! their omelletes are the best! you'll never eat the same breakfast everyday.

this is definitely the best hotel in cebu!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job guys!

Room Tip: get a room in the 7th or 8th floor and enjoy the view especially at night!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This was my second time to try their food and all I can say is that I was geeting what I paid for. At that price, one can eat a lot with a great quality. There qould probably be a third and nth time that I will continue to eat and bring my friends there.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This was a good hotel. The only reason I'm not giving it five star, is because of a) the location is not that good, as its on a busy junction and b) because of the noisy and badly positioned air con units in the rooms (I had 2 rooms and in both the bed was positioned right under the air con and so a freezing draught was on my head all night). The breakfast buffet is lovely, eggs really well cooked by friendly staff. Also, the wifi for those with an ipad only works in reception and not in the rooms as specified on the website. All in all, great value for money, lovely rooms and food but noisy traffic and air con!

Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Tris M
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I always book this hotel to stay on arriving in Cebu to recover from the long flight. It is clean, comfortable and convenient for the airport (though I have not gone to the airport over the bridges in the rush hour), Pier 1 for ferries and SM, Ayala and Parkmall Malls.

The food in the restaurant is very good if I cannot be bothered to go out. The staff are all very helpful.

Each room has its own electric water heater in the bathroom, so hot water is always available.

The only downside is that the smell from guests smoking in their bathrooms can permeate through the ventilation system into your room. The solution is to leave the light and extractor fan on in the bathroom.

Two similar hotels have opened nearby and they are slightly cheaper. It will be interesting to see if this brings down the prices of the Alpa Suites rooms.

If you stay at this hotel, take a taxi and eat at Pier One restaurant in Parkmall, excellent food.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Steam2010
Reviewed 28 March 2012

During our trip we've stayed at Alpa twice and both times were very good. The breakfast is very diverse and good, the rooms are big and clean and the location is good. By taxi it is about 10 minutes to the two big malls, Ayala and SM City. It's about half an hour to the airport and about 20 minutes to pier 1.
We've booked our rooms via Expedia.com. At first we booked a superior room and for our second stay we booked a smaller (and cheaper) room. When we arrived, they gave us the same (bigger) room we had during our first stay. That was really nice!
Via the hotel you can book a daytrip to Costabella Resort at Mactan. This includes pickup services, beach, swimmingpool, lunch, towel and welcome drink. Because Alpa doesn't have a swimmingpool, is this a nice option although it is quite expensive.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed here for a week in May, was a lovely hotel, my first ever hotel experience in Philis, I can say I was highly impressed with everything in this hotel, Service was warm and friendly, Not that I utilise that much, I'm not the type of person who wants to be waited on hand and foot, so Im easily pleased and hopefully easy to get along with, made many friends with the security guards while trying to beat them to the door so I could open it myself (didn't succeed much)

The room was very clean, the mini bar stocked daily, Fresh linen and towels were delivered daily, the cleaning of the room was immaculate, I make no effort to hide money or valuables and nothing was ever touched, aircon was cold and quiet, King bed in royal suite was lovely and comfortable and ample pillows.

Bathroom was nice and the toiletries were restocked daily and were quite nice, The shower water was hot, however the strength of the jet was a little weaker than I would like but it was a bath too so no problem :) overall modern design, the flat screen TV was nice, not a huge channel selection but who goes on holiday to watch tv? geeze..

Room service food was great! very tasty indeed and the portions were enormous! could barely finish what was on the plate and had to save most for later.. mini kitchenette was a nice touch the the royal suite, but just a microwave and sink really, couldn't cook much of a meal..but I also don't go on holiday to cook for myself either :P

Internet in the room was Wired which was fine for the laptop, however had to go to the business centre to use Wifi, didn't mind was a nice walk anyway. Piano in the door was a nice touch.. but I never heard anyone playing it hehe..

I never got to try the breakfast all week because im such a heavy sleeper so I managed to sleep through breakfast every day.. haha location seemed good.. I didnt notice any problems others have said about a bad area? I went walking the streets at night alone and was left alone, except for the shop across the road which was a great place to grab a beer and hang out with the locals, Yes some places around it are poor, but before complaining about that, one must remember the country they are in, and also feel lucky that they are able to afford such luxuries.

Overall a great experience and I would love to stay there again!

Room Tip: The road was Very Very busy outside the hotel. a massive and major intersection, Im a heavy sleeper...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaue
BIG Hotel
#1 of 91 in Cebu City
The Orchard Cebu Hotel & Suites
Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

Been to Alpa City Suites? Share your experiences!