“A great value for your money and had an excellent stay!”
Review of Alpa City Suites

Alpa City Suites
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Mandaue
Seattle
“A great value for your money and had an excellent stay!”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I was in this hotel suite last July 2012 for 3 nights with my girlfriend and was very pleased to have chosen this hotel. The staff were excellent and polite. The housekeeping staff were hard workers too. Because of what I saw in the housekeeping staff to work hard, I gave the lady a generous tip for she came to do her job well. The breakfast meal was good as well and the cooks were very friendly too.This was my first trip back to Cebu after being away for nearly 30 years. The hoel itself was located not far from where I grew up in Singson Village, a few kilometers away from the hotel. Overall, I would not mind staying at this hotel again. Kudos to all the staff at Alpa Suites Hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Maximvs2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Japan
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We booked an executive suite, when we arrived was given a standard room, with very limited space for two adults. I called down to the front desk; I informed them that the description of the executive suite and amenities were incompatible with the room assigned. They continued to argue that it was an executive suites; I asked why then is the room set up for a single person. After being placed on hold, we were informed that we would be moved to another suite at no cost. That new suite matched their executive suite description and amenities, and was confirmed as an executive suite by the cleaning staff.

Prior to checking out we informed the front desk. An employee came up to help with luggage and check the mini-bar. We had not used any of the mini bar's supplies. But had purchased our own stock of sodas

We arrived at the front desk, said good bye, requested a cab to the airport. Suddenly, we were presented with a bill for a can of coke and one bath robe 'condemned'. I asked to see this robe; the desk called spoke with the someone. 15 mins later the robe was brought into the lobby, taken from a plastic bag. The white robe appeared to be normal wear around the neck. It was this that they pointed to as reasons it was condemned. I took strong exception to the charges, told them it was frivolous and asked them not to continue the conversation. There was no way to be certain that the robe even originated from our suite. Regarding the coke, here again frivolous, and the single cocola cola we found in the mini bar had the name Alpa suites marked on the side. We purchased our own cokes and apparently mixed ours with theirs, still the contents were identical with the exception of the labeled Alpa Suites.

I suggested to them that next time, post signs in the room for guess, informing them of the labled items in the fridge and have robes examined prior to use.

Very dissapointing, would not stay here again, or recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: check the room prior to actually acceptance to see that it matches what you paid for. Choose city vi...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank broadshawJapan
Manila
Reviewed 1 November 2012

a very nice hotel. very new and very comfy. the room comes with a microwave oven. easy heating of food.. the breakfast is great for a small hotel, lots of choices. my only concern is the curtain is a little dusty when i was there so i sneeze a lot during my stay because i am sensitive to dust. but everything else is perfect. taxi anytime in front of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel before and stayed twice in August 2012 and September 2012. I did not book until a day before and they let me check in early. I have no complaints about the hotel - the buffet breakfast which is included in the price was more suited to filipinos but the staff will cook you a boiled egg if asked.

For eating there is a good place, but not air conditioned, about 30 metres to the left as u leave the hotel - they had an excellent shrimp dish in a nice sauce.

There are 2 other hotels within about 150 metres so that should keep prices competitive.

Only downside it is a long walk to ayala but I just used to jump onto a jeepney

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This is one of the best hotels in its class. For the very cheap price, you definitely get more than you pay for. I have to commend their service when we checked in. I was looking for a smoking room when they had none but they went out of their way just so they can accommodate my request. Everything here is great from the rooms, bathroom, etc. Everything is clean and looked brand new. The only improvement I can think of is the buffet area. The whole lobby smelled of food around 11pm I guess they turn off the air conditioning at that time. The breakfast is great, selections are not many but enough. Of course, for the price that you pay, you wouldn't expect 5-star type of buffet. Still, the next time I'm in Cebu this will be the place I'm staying at.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

I arrived at the Alpha Suites Hotel from a 3 night stay at a hotel in Manila that I was very displeased with. When I arrived at the Alpha Suites Hotel, I was very tired and it was refreshing to see that my reservation was correct.

The location was close from the airport and near the mall. It's very easy to commute in the city of Cebu compared to Manila. The breakfast buffet had a nice selection and the service help was excellent. There was a happy hour that you got 2 drinks for the price of 1 which I really enjoyed. My room was on the fifth floor by the elevator, and it was very quiet and peaceful. I would recommend this hotel 100%.

• Stayed September 2012
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I booked into this hotel for 2 nights and extended to 5. Not because it was the best hotel I had ever stayed in but was the best choice in the area in the price range.

It is close to Ayala mall where I had to conduct much of my business and if you are into shopping malls, Ayala is great. Ayala terraces has a host of wonderful restaurants and 'The Canvas' restaurant is superb.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the door guards always ensured I got a prompt taxi.

Rooms were clean and large enough. Overall a good place to stay at an affordable price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaue
Andy Hotel
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 90 in Cebu City
Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu

Been to Alpa City Suites? Share your experiences!