“Nice Service and Breakfast. Rate suits the stay!”
Review of Alpa City Suites

Alpa City Suites
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Mandaue
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I could say that the service is good and affordable price. We had the 'Suite Room', it's nice, clean, it has own ref with softdrinks, chocolate, and other drinks inside, with LED TV with working lot cable channels, LAN cable with fast internet and other snacks including mani.The breakfast buffet is excellent, it looks clean and you can also ask the crew to cook eggs for you with the choice of your spice. The breakfast course meal would only be i think 7 not that plenty. The staffs and even security guard are helpful to your concerns. We stayed here because of the fact that it's near in North Bus Terminal. The bus we used to ride in going to Danao port because we are heading to Camotes Island Resort.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shane S

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Not too pricey, excellent rooms, very friendly and accomodating staff, breakfast buffet is excellent. What really makes me come back to this hotel is the staff. Everybody even the guards are very friendly and would assist you in getting a cab. The bonus is the location is a few steps away from the famous " Rico's Lechon".

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Edwin M
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I stayed for five nights at the Alpa City Suites Hotel and was very satisfied with my choice.
I had a Superior Suite and it was comfortable and nicely equipped. There was a microwave, refrigerator with min-bar, complimentary water, coffee, shampoo, etc. I was on the seventh floor and occasionally heard some street noise, but nothing to lose sleep over. My room was well serviced.

My rate included breakfast and it was a decent buffet with common western and Asian foods (e.g. eggs to order, pancakes, fresh fruit, etc.). They were good at keeping my coffee cup filled. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They were excellent at getting me a taxi, and passed on certain taxis that they did not approve of. For 100 pesos I used one of the hotel’s computers for an hour.

There was not too much of interest right around the hotel, but it is a short taxi ride to either the SM mall or the Ayala mall. I preferred the Ayala mall. Depending on traffic, it would cost 72-85 pesos. One morning I decided to walk to Ayala to see how long it would take, and it took around 25 minutes. It was not a difficult walk.

I’m glad that I chose the Alpa, and would not hesitate to again stay there.

For your information, there is a nice outdoor multi-floor food area (the Terraces) at Ayala, and if offers a large variety of places to eat lunch, dinner, dessert and/or have a coffee (Bo’s Coffee was very popular), a fruit shake or a cold beer. I particularly liked Gerry’s Grill (try a marlin steak) and Gilligan’s. A cold San Miguel at these places was basically half the price of the beer at the neighboring TGIF.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank pazz2011
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I wanted to stay in this hotel because of all the reviews I read and the pictures I saw in the internet. It did not met my expectation. We got the Royal Suite thinking that it would really made a difference but I really think it was just average. The big bed was great but the design and fixtures of the room is dull and ordinary.

Good thing is breakfast was bountiful however I was really expecting for the cafe to be full of goodies but I was disappointed. They only have 2 cakes in the display.

I felt that I can get a better hotel with lesser price somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovetraveler29
Reviewed 25 January 2013

5 days before Sinulog day in Cebu, my friends and I were still looking for a place to stay in Cebu. We couldn't find one near downtown, all hotels' rooms are fully booked.I came across Alpa Suites on the internet, located in Mandaue and because we didn't have any choice, we took the risk and booked a room here even if it's far from the Sinulog parade.

The room we stayed isn't that big but it fitted the 3 of us. Room was clean and comfort room space is just enough to move. The view outside the window is beautiful as it is looking the surrounding mountains. We had television, refrigerator, coffee maker and even a microwave to heat our food. The staff are all very warm and accommodating. They tend to our needs very quickly. The food at the buffet breakfast wasn't that great but it's alright. We also noticed that even if it's outside downtown, it was not so hard to look for transportation.

Alpa Suites is a good place to stay. It was worth the money.

Room Tip: Request for rooms facing the mountain as the other sides of the hotel won't give you a magnifice...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenna170
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice now and I thoroughly enjoy the place. The staff are always friendly and greet you with a smile. The free buffet breakfast is delicious and so too is the room service menu. The rooms are of decent size, clean and tidy and the beds are comfortable. The room rates are good and the food menu is also reasonably priced.
At first I was hesitant in booking due to the location, but transport is readily available at the front door and cheap to get to SM or Ayala shopping malls.
A great hotel at a fair price. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Best value is the executive room. There isnt much different between the executive and the royal suit...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mitch H
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I was in this hotel suite last July 2012 for 3 nights with my girlfriend and was very pleased to have chosen this hotel. The staff were excellent and polite. The housekeeping staff were hard workers too. Because of what I saw in the housekeeping staff to work hard, I gave the lady a generous tip for she came to do her job well. The breakfast meal was good as well and the cooks were very friendly too.This was my first trip back to Cebu after being away for nearly 30 years. The hoel itself was located not far from where I grew up in Singson Village, a few kilometers away from the hotel. Overall, I would not mind staying at this hotel again. Kudos to all the staff at Alpa Suites Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Maximvs2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaue
The Orchard Cebu Hotel & Suites
#11 of 92 in Cebu City
Copenhagen Residences
Copenhagen Residences
#5 of 13 in Mandaue

Been to Alpa City Suites? Share your experiences!