“Look no further.”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Mandaue
Melbourne, Australia
“Look no further.”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 10 days with no regrets. The place looks fairly new, including the room and shower/bathroom. Comfy bed, slippers and robe supplied, also a kitchenette with tea/coffee provided in sachets and re-stocked daily plus two small bottles of complimentary water also daily. Room cleaned everyday and sheets changed regularly. Sound proofing is reasonable, but could be a little better. Also a safe is provided in the wardrobe. Breakfast has a decent selection of hot and cold dishes plus continental. All staff are friendly except for one female receptionist who seems like she eaten lemons for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 16 February 2014

For me the hotel was worth the stay, from the reception, to the staff & until to the food. the staff greeted everyone who enters the hotel & they made sure everyone had a wonderful stay in the hotel. the food was delightful & the management was perfect. they will surely let you have a comfortable and nice stay in the hotel. over-all, the hotel was perfect. i reccomend everyone to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Alpa City S, Director of Sales at Alpa City Suites, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you so much for your nice comments. We always strive to give our guests a pleasant experience and we are happy that we have achieved this with you. Looking forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Warm Regards,
Anna Galicia
Mandaue, Philippines
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I will be fair with my review...give you the good and the bad. I will start with the bad.

Depending on which way your room faces, you can overlook a shanty town with crowing roosters and barking dogs all night. I needed to keep the AC running most of the time to drown out the noise. On one evening on the way back from the Ayala mall, my room key fell out in the taxi. Being used to the American hotels, I did not expect a hassle about getting another key. First I was told it was 300 pesos for a key and they wanted me to sign a blank receipt. I was held hostage...I could not get in to my room without a key so I signed and told the front desk girl to fill in the amount while I was there.

The satellite TV went out one day so I called the front desk. They sent up a man who just looked at the TV and told me I did not get the channel in question, even though I had just watched the channel the night before. I showed him the TV guide and told him I do get the channel, and there were many channels that were not having a reception. He then said it was the satellite and left without telling me anything else. A few hours later I called the front desk to see if there was anything done about the TV, she tells me she will send someone up, to which I replied I already had this done and told her my story. The front desk called back a few minutes later and told me it was the satellite with no estimated time of service resumption.

The good...very clean and most of the staff are very helpful. The restaurant staff are not to American standards when it comes to refilling coffee or water, you often need to ask them for refills. The staff out front will flag down a taxi for you...from what I see the taxi drivers then give the staff some amount of money, I don't understand the concept there since I can flag down my own taxi as well...but this is a different culture. Having a microwave and fridge in the room is nice. Breakfast is free and very good. Some traditional American fare...such as eggs, toast, cereal and pancakes. Some not traditional...pork, chicken, beef, fish, rice...but again its a different culture.

The staff were very prompt to come to the room to assist when we needed new linen. They also cleaned the room very quickly and efficiently.

If you don't want to eat any other meal than breakfast in the hotel...there is a nice open air restaurant only about 100 yards down the road which is much cheaper and has better service. It has only Filipino food, but it is very good. There is also a bakery down the road where you can get sweet rolls and pie and very cheap prices.

Overall, not bad. I was just disappointed that the management holds the customer hostage for a room key, that is not written in any policy available to the customer. 300 pesos is not that much, but I have never had to pay for a room key before. I don't know if I'd stay here again due to the noise. The reason staying here was that it was convenient for my fiancé, and close to the malls. Next time I will stay on Mactan Island where I can enjoy the beach and have some peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Maybe the rooms that don't face the barking dogs and crowing chickens are more quiet. Some serv...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CaliSteelerfan
Alpa City S, Director of Sales at Alpa City Suites, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thank you for giving us your input. Management will definitely look into the points you raised to improve our product. We hope you come back to see the improvements made.

Warm Regards,

Anna Galicia
Sales and Marketing Manager
hong kong
Reviewed 12 February 2014

room was clean, service was good, food was alright, staff were friendly, but.....
bed bugs! From my first day to the last i had accumulated many bites which itched like crazy. The bed sheets were changed everyday which leads me to believe that it must have been the matress. My brother stayed with me in the same room but seperate bed and he had the same problem. Im sure it wasnt from anywhere else as fresh bites would appear every morning. We told the manager on duty as we checked out who thanked us for bringing it to her attention (no apology at all).
Apart from that it was an alright stay

1 Thank antbarry
Camiguin, Philippines
Reviewed 11 February 2014

compromise location between airport and Cebu city
on a heavily trafficked intersection = can be noisy
not so nice immediate surroundings, but it takes only a P. 100 taxi ride to Ayala Center
pleasant hall/reception and restaurant
it's called "suites" because of a sink, a microwave and a big fridge in the otherwise "normal" room
good bed but only double (standard) instead of king-size
bathroom small but ok
no Wi-Fi in the room but in the lobby ok
aircon a bit noisy (as usual)
above average buffet breakfast
had dinner at the in-house restaurant which offers a good choice of international and Filipino dishes at reasonable prices and, not often found in Cebu, some "stone-grilled" specialties; we enjoyed our dinner even if the waiters showed more interest in the big and always running TV than in the costumer's wishes :-(
taxis are easy to stop, unless it rains
unlike at other hotels, they don't offer a little breakfast pack when you have to leave very early :-(
good ratio price/value - best rate we found on Hotelopia booking site

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is a great hotel at this price it's five stars ! Location it's about a 25 min drive from the airport depending on traffic and will cost you about 200P ,(£3),it's within walking distance of the IMAX and Ayala mall ,( about 25 mins), or taxis are incredibly cheap to the average foreigner like myself , i.e. 100P inc a tip!!! To either of the malls . The room is medium size, modern comfortable and very clean.. The staff can't do enough for you ,and are always smiling and happy to see you ,which actually is really nice. There is a tv showing loads of English Chanel's inc discovery etc in your room and the bathroom is good ,although the shower is a bit weak. The breakfast is fantastic , great coffee and loads of choice. The price for this hotel was 1500P a night inc breakfast an amazing bargain . I would stay here again and recommend it 100% .

Room Tip: Get a room at back away from main road
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Reasonably priced, very friendly and accomodating staff, good food, very clean rooms. My third time to visit and it still remains my favorite.

I only have one minor complain, the soap doesnt bubble at all..had to buy one from the nearest convenience store..or just bring your own.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaue
Andy Hotel
Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Leope Hotel
Leope Hotel
#5 of 13 in Mandaue

Been to Alpa City Suites? Share your experiences!