“Helpful, and reliable service. ”
Review of Alpa City Suites

Alpa City Suites
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Mandaue
“Helpful, and reliable service. ”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

The staff are friendly and very helpful except for the front desk who were not that attentive as compared to the doorman and the bellboys. The room is splendid, and the buffet breakfast is yum, though not that many choices as what I'm used to at another hotel in Mandaue. Oh, and there is lesser possibility of leaving stuff in the room upon check out because they make sure to thoroughly check the room and give to you your left items.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Terryville, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My room was clean and the interior was very good quality. Like a good Sheraton in the States in the 70s, but with a hard wired LAN. The restaurant was above average, and I really enjoyed the Lapu-Lapu fish. My Filipina guests, my fiance and her cousin, really liked it too. Great bang for the buck, and location in Mandaue City is good. I go there every time I arrive in Cebu or have a morning flight from Cebu.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Great price, good location, great rooms, fantastic breakfast, great staff

I had no reason for not to give 5 stars. Not a single thing to complain about. well perhaps that wifi is only at lobby, but rooms still have ethernet. That didn't help with my iPad.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Alpa City S, Director of Sales at Alpa City Suites, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for such a lovely comment packed with gusto. We hear you on the internet connection and are working on this.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Alpa City Suites Hotel is great for many reasons but Is kinda let down by it's location.
However, let me cover the god first because there are many good things to mention. First and foremost, the staff in any business are the front line and the key to success or failure. I found the staff to be extremely friendly, professional and helpful. I had a few teething problems with the temperature of the shower the wi-fi and the TV. All of these issues were resolved very promptly and curtiously. There is also a free wired internet internet connection for faster speed in every room, something you don't find in many other hotels. The room was clean and had complimentary tea and coffee as well as two complimentary bottles,of water which were replenished every day.
The restaurant menu was excellent, the prices very reasonable and the food was tasty and well presented. Special mention should be given to the breakfast as it was excellent and included in the price of my room.
The only thing that let the place down was the actual location. It is on the corner of a very busy 4 way junction and crossing the road was somewhat hazardous. The noise was not an issue though as we were high enough to not notice it too much.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 10 days with no regrets. The place looks fairly new, including the room and shower/bathroom. Comfy bed, slippers and robe supplied, also a kitchenette with tea/coffee provided in sachets and re-stocked daily plus two small bottles of complimentary water also daily. Room cleaned everyday and sheets changed regularly. Sound proofing is reasonable, but could be a little better. Also a safe is provided in the wardrobe. Breakfast has a decent selection of hot and cold dishes plus continental. All staff are friendly except for one female receptionist who seems like she eaten lemons for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 16 February 2014

For me the hotel was worth the stay, from the reception, to the staff & until to the food. the staff greeted everyone who enters the hotel & they made sure everyone had a wonderful stay in the hotel. the food was delightful & the management was perfect. they will surely let you have a comfortable and nice stay in the hotel. over-all, the hotel was perfect. i reccomend everyone to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Alpa City S, Director of Sales at Alpa City Suites, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you so much for your nice comments. We always strive to give our guests a pleasant experience and we are happy that we have achieved this with you. Looking forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Mandaue, Philippines
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I will be fair with my review...give you the good and the bad. I will start with the bad.

Depending on which way your room faces, you can overlook a shanty town with crowing roosters and barking dogs all night. I needed to keep the AC running most of the time to drown out the noise. On one evening on the way back from the Ayala mall, my room key fell out in the taxi. Being used to the American hotels, I did not expect a hassle about getting another key. First I was told it was 300 pesos for a key and they wanted me to sign a blank receipt. I was held hostage...I could not get in to my room without a key so I signed and told the front desk girl to fill in the amount while I was there.

The satellite TV went out one day so I called the front desk. They sent up a man who just looked at the TV and told me I did not get the channel in question, even though I had just watched the channel the night before. I showed him the TV guide and told him I do get the channel, and there were many channels that were not having a reception. He then said it was the satellite and left without telling me anything else. A few hours later I called the front desk to see if there was anything done about the TV, she tells me she will send someone up, to which I replied I already had this done and told her my story. The front desk called back a few minutes later and told me it was the satellite with no estimated time of service resumption.

The good...very clean and most of the staff are very helpful. The restaurant staff are not to American standards when it comes to refilling coffee or water, you often need to ask them for refills. The staff out front will flag down a taxi for you...from what I see the taxi drivers then give the staff some amount of money, I don't understand the concept there since I can flag down my own taxi as well...but this is a different culture. Having a microwave and fridge in the room is nice. Breakfast is free and very good. Some traditional American fare...such as eggs, toast, cereal and pancakes. Some not traditional...pork, chicken, beef, fish, rice...but again its a different culture.

The staff were very prompt to come to the room to assist when we needed new linen. They also cleaned the room very quickly and efficiently.

If you don't want to eat any other meal than breakfast in the hotel...there is a nice open air restaurant only about 100 yards down the road which is much cheaper and has better service. It has only Filipino food, but it is very good. There is also a bakery down the road where you can get sweet rolls and pie and very cheap prices.

Overall, not bad. I was just disappointed that the management holds the customer hostage for a room key, that is not written in any policy available to the customer. 300 pesos is not that much, but I have never had to pay for a room key before. I don't know if I'd stay here again due to the noise. The reason staying here was that it was convenient for my fiancé, and close to the malls. Next time I will stay on Mactan Island where I can enjoy the beach and have some peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Maybe the rooms that don't face the barking dogs and crowing chickens are more quiet. Some serv...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CaliSteelerfan
Alpa City S, Director of Sales at Alpa City Suites, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thank you for giving us your input. Management will definitely look into the points you raised to improve our product. We hope you come back to see the improvements made.

Sales and Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaue
Andy Hotel
The Orchard Cebu Hotel & Suites
Bayfront Hotel Cebu
Bayfront Hotel Cebu
#10 of 87 in Cebu City

Been to Alpa City Suites? Share your experiences!