“Pretty good.;”
Review of Alpa City Suites

Alpa City Suites
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Mandaue
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I enjoyed our stay here, room was big and clean. Breakfast with wide variety of food. Internet wasn`t the best but could check mail and news even they installed separate wifi access point in the room. Also location was a little away from city center but felt safe at nights. Taxi to airport around 200 pesos. walk to mall around 15-20 minutes. Staff helpful enough. Good price for the value.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Alpa City Suites

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have been to Cebu many times on business trips and most of the time I stayed in budget hotels. My client booked me here for a short visit and upon arriving, I thought this hotel was just like any other I stayed in before. Reception and lobby are small and there is a restaurant which looked ok to me, simple and friendly-looking. When I got in my room, to my surprise, it was bigger than usual with a mini kitchen, a big microwave and a big refrigerator used in small homes! Had a queen-sized bed, complimentary newspaper, water, coffee, tea, cable tv, and a fast internet connection thru a lan cable. The lan was a good back-up because they said wifi was very busy. Breakfast was included and it was a buffet and a good selection, too from native breakfasts, breads, pastries, and fruits. At the back of my mind, I was thinking how can they offer a good price with all of these? It is not in downtown though but it is a stones throw away from a few small malls/shopping areas, Ayala mall, and lots of eating places which were more than enough to satisfy my food cravings. I have stayed with more pricey hotels in Cebu before but Alpa City Suites is comparable at almost half the price. Since it is not downtown, the area is not very noisy. Very friendly and helpful staff during our breakfast. We also used their vehicle to transport us around (up to the airport) and the driver was very helpful. I just think that the beef noodle I had there for lunch had too much vegetables/cabbage and less noodles. I would definitely stay in this hotel again on my future trips.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Firstly, I would like to compliment on the doorman who greeted us with a smile when we went there. The reception were very friendly and attentive to our needs (particularly there was this one staff and I think her name was Emmerey).. The stay was worth the pay except for the housekeeping staff who are noisy in the hallway and towels seems old...I would gladly recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the kingsize bed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kylie j
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Used Alpa Suites 4 times over March / April this year, good sized and clean rooms. Staff friendly and helpful especially doorrmen and bell boys(with one exception on reception, a smile wouldn't hurt). The location is not picturesque, but felt safe when walking in the area of an evening. Journey time to Malls quick and cheap in a taxi.
Good selection and quality of food at breakfast

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel is excellent. Friendly staff, and great location as its near ayala, and not too far from SM mall. if you want to save money regarding laundry you can walk down about 1/3 a block and there is a laundry shop that is inexpensive and good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

The staff are friendly and very helpful except for the front desk who were not that attentive as compared to the doorman and the bellboys. The room is splendid, and the buffet breakfast is yum, though not that many choices as what I'm used to at another hotel in Mandaue. Oh, and there is lesser possibility of leaving stuff in the room upon check out because they make sure to thoroughly check the room and give to you your left items.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My room was clean and the interior was very good quality. Like a good Sheraton in the States in the 70s, but with a hard wired LAN. The restaurant was above average, and I really enjoyed the Lapu-Lapu fish. My Filipina guests, my fiance and her cousin, really liked it too. Great bang for the buck, and location in Mandaue City is good. I go there every time I arrive in Cebu or have a morning flight from Cebu.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaue
BIG Hotel
#1 of 91 in Cebu City
The Orchard Cebu Hotel & Suites
Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

Been to Alpa City Suites? Share your experiences!