“my nightmare!!!”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mandaue
Taguig
“my nightmare!!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My nightmare that really makes me feel so paranoid and upset … a couple of night ago, after relaxing whole body massage in their royal spa for a good night sleep I feel good for I was so tired for that day. But when I went into my room, I have found some little insect on my bed. Tried to remove the flat sheet and the pillow case to be sure that it’s clean and then I sleep. At around 12:50am, I woke up for an itchy and discomfort feeling at my back and I get up there saw 2 insect under my pillow. Trying to find out what kind it is, it’s not an ordinary small insect it’s a FLEA! A flea that can be found in dogs or cat! Have called the guest service and they decide to change my beddings, and when we remove the whole bed cover we found a lot of FLEA! Really they don’t know how to clean the room! They didn’t even bother to offer to change our room! Had a sleepless night! FYI< Allure Management if you don’t know -that Flea infestations can be not only annoying for both dogs and humans but also very dangerous. Problems caused by fleas may range from mild to severe itching and discomfort to skin problems and infections. Anemia may also result from flea bites in extreme circumstances. Furthermore, fleas can transmit tapeworms and diseases.

Room Tip: Surprise there's a FLEA on your bed!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank luzvy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a night last Feb.for the Valentines Day..The rooms is not that bad ,it was clean but found a lot of mosquitos inside our room and the bathroom was so dirty,toilet bowl had stained and walls too..The buffet breakfast is not good enough....

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed 13 March 2012

i like the eucalyptus scent that welcomes you in the lobby...lift is spacious(uncommon for small to mid range hotels),room is very clean &high tech (flat lcd screen w/digibox & wifi zone).the only off in my opinion is the smell of their towels :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CaramelMacchiatoIvy
Iloilo City, Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed 7 March 2012

1 . Upon entry the aromatherapy scents is very strong . They should be considerate to guest with sensitive nose and with asthma . I kept sneezing in the lobby and hotel corridors .
2 . Surprisingly there are a lot of mosquitos inside the room and bathroom .
3 . The blanket is too thin .. No comforter . Cannot sleep because its very cold that i had to put off the aircon but mosquitos went out .
4. We asked for a pitcher of service water in our room for 33.00 ? First hotel that we stayed that charge service water for room service .

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Davao
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night last week. I choose this hotel based on the reviews and that it is new. Unfortunately, it was not what we have expected.

Check-in was not smooth. I made a reservation however they cannot seem to fine my name, good thing the Executive room was still available. The staff seems not so well verse about what they are doing. You will be asked to pay in advance for the room and a P500 deposit just in case you will consume something from the mini bar or order food. We asked if we can use a debit card to pay for the stay and she said only BDO cards which is kind a bizarre based on our experience. However, we asked her to try our card anyway and it went through.
They gave us our meal coupon and our access card and no one even offered to escort us to our room. We have to request it and even so nobody approached us and to think they were like 5 people behind the counter. So we have to go to our room on our own.

ROOM- they do not offer slippers and to think the room is not carpeted but has wooden floors.

BATHROOM – it’s flooded and we do not know why. Even if you have the curtains close but the floor still floods. Toiletries were motel quality. Toothbrush was dirty and old. Bathtub was so high that you will have to hold on to something to get down.

BED – big bed but pillows were too soft that it does not serve its purpose but I like the small pillow that comes with the bed that you can also see in the lobby. Somewhat like throw pillows, better than the big ones.

FOOD/DINING – buffet breakfast were the most disappointing. They only have 3 choices for viands that morning (longanisa, scrambled eggs and beef). Good thing we were able to find good restaurants and grills nearby. Kaona Grill serves the best Tuna Belly I have ever tasted.

I do not think we will ever be coming back to Allure. It’s just overpriced for the service and quality that they provide

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lovetraveler29

Travellers are raving about these Mandaue hotels

manila
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Clean and spacious rooms with coffee table and free unlimited WIFI connection. TV is a bit small, only 20".

Toilet and bath are clean, spacious and well lit. Water heater is under the sink counter which is very inconvenient if you want to reset it or see if its working.

Sound insulation from the hallway to the room is great. Increases sleep quality.

They used to have free airport pick up and drop off. I wish they would bring this back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 21 March 2011

with their rates that includes:breakfast for two,coffee, tea daily, unlimited free access , a spacious room what will you can ask for!!! as if your staying in a 5 star business hotel and its very accessible to any destination..i will highly recommend this hotel to all traveller's who want to spend wisely with their money.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
12 Thank rza_t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaue
Andy Hotel
#4 of 13 in Mandaue
Red Planet Cebu
Red Planet Cebu
#8 of 87 in Cebu City

Been to Allure Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!