“Perfect Place to Dine”

Oyster Bay Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 95 Restaurants in Mandaue
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Oyster Bay Seafood Restaurant offers you a delightful dining experience. We take pride in our wide selection of LIVE and FRESH seafood. Make your own selections and choose from our several delicious cooking suggestions. Also, feast on the mouth-watering Filipino and Chinese favorites like lechon kawali, bicol express, Pata tim with fried bread and more! Plus we offer a wide choice of delectable set menus for different budgets and occasions.
Reviewed 29 January 2013

My favorite dining place in Cebu. Want to bring more friends there ! Food is great and worth the price. The service is no nice. The great ambiance is a big plus! Felt like in a resort with all the the breeze and the soft sand beneath our feet .There were sharks in the mini-lagoon outside . We went there hungry but still we were not able to finish evrything because we were already so full because of their generous serving :D yet we only paid cheaper amount than the other restaurants here in cebu.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

On returning to cebu for our first wedding anniversary i wanted to take my wife out for special dinner, after hearing about "Oyster Bay' and haven a look at the web,i decided to give it a go as it had such a lovely webpage (regular travellers KNOW NOT to rely on such things as they dont update webpages often in asia and photos are near 10 yr old from when originally opened).
Back to the FOOD, Firstly the tanks were stocked with lovely supply of wonderful delights,
but that all went out the Window faster then the tide. The calarmari was so far overcooked it
was tougher than my mountain bikes tyre and was so soaked in thick oil that could have been used in a diesel truck !so much so that it doubled the weight !, The "CRAB"croquettas looked light and fluffy but i could NOT tell where the batter ended and the CRAB started !
The Baked Oysters were "OFF" and cooked in terrible oily cheese. (everything in philippines with cheese is oily) And same for the SCollops'' they must have been terrible when even a philippino said they were no good !
The "STAFF" were friendly and attentative, Atmosphere was also great concept with the outside area with sand under your feet and a ''Mote' of water around with REAL SHARKS swimming by every minute !
I was so disappointed in this place !!! the only thing left me happy was the faces on the homeless kids that we gave the tonne of food on the way home after we had the waiter bag it all up.

Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

we havent heard anything from our friends about this restaurant but that would be fine because first hand experience would be the best! superb food as well as the service.

1  Thank jeckli
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Dined with a group of friends recently after a busy afternoon schedule. It was all our first time in this restaurant. We arrived earlier for dinner so we were able to choose a nice comfortable outdoor seat. We were like in a beach area with real beach sand beneath our feet.

We ordered Baked Scallops with cheese and garlic, Crispy Crablets (which was out of stock at that time), their famous Pochero soup, Sizzling Bangus, Lechon Kawali and Crispy Laing. Since they have unlimited rice, we availed it also at Php 30.00/person. They have a varied choices of drinks as well.

For the food, we were quite satisfied, specially their Baked Scallops. Though there were only 6 pieces in a serving, each shell has bigger meat on it and filled with yummy cheese. Can not help but compare to another seafood resto we visited days ago. Their baked scallops were 8 pieces in all but the meat were so tiny and the cheese was only at the top of the shell meat. The Pochero soup was also very filling. Full of flavor and the beef was tender. The Sizzling Bangus and Lechon Kawali didn't taste bad either. I did not try their Crispy Laing though.

We lingered longer in this restaurant as the place is conducive for conversation. Lots of families dining together, even couples on date. Negative thing I found is their toilet which is very far from the restaurant. It is not exclusive to the restaurant but also for the whole tenants of the commercial compound as well. Also, the location is not very accessible and easy to miss out. By the way, we went here on a Sunday after Christmas.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

One thing I like about this place is the atmosphere. I know the owner of this place and I saw the sharks my former boss showed me when I was working for him. The place makes you feel like your away from the city. Food was great also. One thing I did not like was their service. We went their during Valentines Day and it took them more than an hour to serve our food. It was the worst experience in terms of service.