“more than i expected”

Cebu City, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“more than i expected”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

visited the Amusement Park with some couples who wanted to take their kids, mostly teens and pre-teens. had fun watching the kids enjoy the rides, specially the Black Pearl and the bumper cars. they had wholesome family fun on the rides and munching on popcorn while watching the marquee show. the little girls in the group couldn't wait to have their pics taken with the disney princesses! it was a great place to bond with family and friends, time well spent!!!

6 Thank Susan R

San Mateo, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“It was a blast!”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This is something new to Cebu... wasn't here the last time I visited. We had a blast on the rides (loved the one with the swings but not for the faint of heart!), plus there's a musical show, plus skill games. I didn't win anything on the games because I have no skills, but I saw someone walk away with a bottle of wine so it's possible to score prizes. Will be back next time I'm here!

7 Thank Maggie B
Cebu City, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Raining but had fun!”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I visited St James after some of my friends decided we should check it and we had so much fun. It rained hard when we were there but we kept riding the Pirate Ship and it was like riding a boat in a big storm it was a lot of fun.

A lot of people still had fun even in the rain and we also enjoyed the Show they had on stage with all the nice costumes. All the people in the place were smiling, but some people were grumbling because they wanted the rain to stop.

We paid P300 and it is a good deal with P50 entrance fee. You get to ride all the rides and watch the show for free. Even though some reviews here complain about the prices I think it is a good deal because all the rides are brand new i don't know why people expect this to be "free", but the locals are very difficult because all they want is free stuff and still complain.

They were using wood to keep the people from walking on the ground in the rain so i hope they can improve this soon, but this does not stop from enjoying the carnival at all.

I will go back with my friends again for sure next time.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Stella B
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great place to visit in Cebu”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

They are still working on some parts of the park and you can tell they are building some other rides, but every time I come with my friends, i see great imporvement. This is my third visit because the crowd is a lot of fun and it is a nice place to hang out and check out the guys! I highly recommend to visit this place if you are in Cebu. I think it is a great way to spend the night after dinner out with friends. They are building a skateboard park now, yaay!

7 Thank bethmathews
Makati, Philippines
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Tiny and seemingly unfinished”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We went there on Valentine's day hoping to get some "amusement". After checking out some websites and press releases of the place we got excited to see it for ourselves. People gave it mixed reviews but we were determined to make our own opinions. Just for the day, people wearing red could get in for free. Normally, admission costs P50 and unlimited rides cost P300. Rain or shine. We didn't go for the unlimited ride option as the weather seemed questionable so we opted to just check the place out instead and maybe upgrade later. Much to our dismay, there was only a handful of rides to choose from (waiting lines were long), some facilities promised weren't there, there were alot of dark corners, the food booths were overpriced, and things seemed unfinished. Each ride costs about an average of P70 if you don't go unlimited. Overall it seemed kind of depressing in there, really. On the upside, the rides were pretty good despite each ending too soon (ie. 3mins per round) and didn't come off as badly assembled pieces reminiscent of those temporary amusement parks they put up in provincial fiestas. If we expected worse, our experience would've been okay. But the place got so hyped up that in the end it would hardly match up to people's expectations.