“Great Food! New Restaurant & Nice decor”
Review of District 50

District 50
Ranked #46 of 74 Restaurants in Mandaue
Cuisines: American
Description: My family discovered this restaurant (District 50) while window shopping in J Centre Mall last two weeks ago. We just ate at District 50 last night. Decor of the restaurant is almost 50's like (except there was a Michael Jackson concert (80's) on the LCD TV) and there smack in the middle of the restaurant is a Beetle Car. Yep! a BEETLE car that stripped of its engine and everything and they put in a table so that you can sit, eat and enjoy your on inside the Beetle car. I ordered the Rib-eye steak, my wife ordered the Barbaric Pork Rib. The Rib-eye was juicy and soft (Medium-Well) with Garlic-Herb Butter. The Barbaric Pork Rib but was anything but barbaric (big enough to satisfy) and I found out that it also taste good! The floats that my children ordered was really good e.g. Chocolate Float and Mango Float. Everything was money worth and well-spent. I would go back again to try.....yes the King Felix burger (which I believe burgers are also there specialty and the pasta too! and ooh very delicious and now its the morning already and i still can't stop thinking about District 50 and their menu). See you again!
Richmond, Canada
“Great Food! New Restaurant & Nice decor”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My family happen to see this New restaurant and they told me about it. They said that I have to check it out becasue its new and it got decors that I would want to see. Wanting to eat in new restaurants we went there one weekend. When we arrived and to my surprise right in the middle of the restaurant is a "BEETLE CAR"! Yes, it is a Beetle Car minus the engine and seats. The owners converted it into a table. Not wanting to embarass ourselves we didn't sit there :-)....After a while some clients arrived and inquired about it and they ended up there and about 3 of them sat (like taking a ride to the countryside) and eating there too. I ordered soup, steak and pork. The potato soup tasted delicious! The Rib-eye with garlic-herb butter was delicious but not spectacular. The barbaric ribs that my wife ordered was something else. It tasted well and tender. My children ordered their float and it really is a Float..big and generous serving of Ice cream and chocolate drink. Talking about the decor its theme is 50's but the music video being shown was Michael Jackson (80's) still we really had a good time and we will go back and enjoy this restaurant again.

• Visited March 2012