“Big Room,Nice Bathroom”

Ranked #2 of 16 Mandaue B&B and Inns
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
“Big Room,Nice Bathroom”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Stayed here for a night to get my passport renewed. This is not the only hotel that is close to the Department of Foreign Affairs Office but a 5 minutes taxi ride is good enough.

I arrived at almost eight in the evening and have tried to ask for a discount for a single occupant in a double occupancy room plus I have explained that I will be checking-out before 4:00am (should be early at DFA afraid that I will get there in a long line). To no avail, I end up paying the full amount. I have never encountered any problems because I did not stay there until 4:00am.At least the room was okay and the bed was comfortable.

I hope they will extend a discount to a single traveler especially for late arrival.

Room Tip: Get the higher floor rooms with a nice view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I stayed here last July with my family on a funeral. When we arrived, we had lunch in their bakery. Their food was good, even their cakes. After lunch, we went up but we wondered that they skipped a floor after another. The stairs was very steep and breathtaking, the rooms were just regular and good, the room and bathroom was quite clean. Very comfortable beds, basic toiletries in the bathroom. By the next morning, we had lunch again in their so-called 'bakery', still the same food, so we had lunch in the funeral. But good service. Thank you very much oftana! were just 'satisfied' a bit in your food!

Room Tip: I can recommend you and others to stay here. But you can stay in other areas
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Trish671, Manager at Oftana Suites, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Thank you for staying with us! I appreciate your feedback on our food offerings. I am working with our cooks to expand their skillset and we wll be unveiling a new a la carte menu for our hotel guests within the next couple of months. When you're back in Cebu, we hope you'll come by and stay with us again.
guam
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I was fortunate enough to spend thanksgiving in Cebu and stayed 2 weeks. My priority was to find a place to stay that was clean with affordable prices, as would most folks. I got it at Oftana suites.

I got one of the smaller rooms good for me. The first thing I look at is the bathroom and the bathroom was very clean. The room smells clean. The biggest pet peeve I have is old bed comforters that the hotel do not change. I was surprised that every time they cleaned my room I got a different comforter - other hotel usually just change the sheets.

The location is great! I went to the mall almost everyday by a cab which cost about $1.50. There is a food complex a walking distance about 3 to 4 minutes and they have various nice eateries and a Starbucks! I never had to explain to find the hotel as the street is very well known by the cab drivers. The staff did provide me with a small map if the taxi wanted directions but I never used it.

I found that the Hotel had great in room food service. The assortment of noodles, meat dish and seafood was delicious and affordable! I got spoiled ordering rice, noodles, chicken and egg rollscrabs with a drink that was very affordable - then going out in town to eat. The hotel also has a bakery downstairs that has amazing bread and pasties. They have a filipino coconut bread called Bibingka that I ate fresh out of the oven everyday. Not great for the waist line but i kept my addiction to two servings daily.

The staff is friendly and very helpful -by my second day they knew to hail me a cab and the cooks knew my food choices before the end of the week.

I did hear that there was Sunday service but I don't stay in bed on Sundays. I am out of the hotel doing things so it didn't bother me much.

It's easy to find on the web. They have a website oftanasuites.com with info and contact number. I say email them as it's fast to get a reply.

Overall the hotel is a great location + clean clean clean + and a great deal for the price. I am staying here again.

Room Tip: If traveling with family ask about family rooms that has small dining table and kitchenette type cou...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank joanes310
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 19 November 2012

"i checked in late at this 'hotel' hoping to get some rest and be able to sleep in the following day only to be awoken by a loud banging noise and singing from the opposite room

i called the front desk multiple times to report the noise but nothing was done so i decided to do something about it

i went knocking at the room and when they opened i found out that there was a group of people singing using a microphone and speakers and drum set to boot

When i went down to the front desk, i was told that the group is in a year contract with the establishment. so, it's gonna be a sunday breakfast prayer service whether you like it or not!

the inactivity of the staff and lack of care from the management is unacceptable from an establishment in a hospitality business

so if you want to rest or sleep then DO NOT stay at this place"

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank marimartinezlawas
Trish671, Manager at Oftana Suites, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
My apologies for your recent bad experience with us. I take seriously complaints we've received and staff has since been counseled about this particular incident. If you are in town again, we hope you'll give us another chance.

Travellers are raving about these Mandaue hotels