“Did not have my reservation”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Beatrice
GRIMES
“Did not have my reservation”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I made my reservation on line for this Econo Lodge. Received a confirmation email and a reminder email detailing out what I had reserved. Very glad I kept the email. Arrived about 8:30 PM with my traveling companion and discovered that there was a room for me, but not what I had reserved - a double bed room. They "only" had a queen size bed or a king size bed which was not what I needed. Needless to say, I was upset to have this happen later in the evening. She offered me two rooms for more than what I was supposed to pay for the room I'd reserved. I said no, give me two rooms for the price I reserved at. So she did do that. It just irritated me that she didn't offer me other accommodation for the same price - very bad customer service. And NO apologies. We got the rooms, on different floors. Rooms adequate - in need of updating. Turned on A/C and it just smelled musty. Bug (alive) under the bar of unopened soap in the bathroom. Just not a great start to the Labor Day weekend trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Upstater56Grimes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ipswich, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Not a bad experience for having all the amenities including a nice hot breakfast. Yet, not an overall good impression for my first, and perhaps, only visit. Asked for a quiet room and the manager assigned me to the handicapped room, which was close to the lobby. Wondered what kept me waking in the night and found it to be the ice machine outside my door. Alarm clock was not readable and broken so it was not a good night's sleep, or appropriately wakeful time since I did not hear the morning call.

Since I complained three times to the manager (who took no interest in my concerns), I asked him if he wanted me to call Choice Hotels and he said that would be fine, again showing no proactive concern for my needs. I was not too upset, but felt that I had earned the use of my free night's stay for dedicated use of Choice Hotels; I had earned it and showed I was willing to resolve the issue satisfactorily for me and for the future benefit of this Econo Lodge's customers. Thankfully, Choice Hotels mediated and I was refunded my points after I called and complained, just explaining how their management needs training in customer service.

It always pays to listen to concerns and offer resolution to problems, and if you are not heard the first time, to be persistent.

Room Tip: Not a bad place to stay if you are north of Beatrice.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Andrew K
Reviewed 16 April 2013

the last time we were in town about mid to late 2012 we stayed one night , and the changes that they made were so great that i almost didnt believe it was the same location. the rooms are alot nicer the beds comfy and the staff friendly and helpful. The rates were lower than most of the hotels in the area and the rooms nicer and cleaner. Breakfast is much better then before. I will recommand this hotel to my family members and friends. Thank you staff for all your help during our stay at Econolodge.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank nikilove
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed there in March and I was looking for good location with better room. And I was lucky to get room on that day because whole town looked busy. This motel had fast internet, clean room, frendly staff and good breakfast. The new managemant had done lots of improvements. and I will say that all over its excellent and I will stay all the time in that motel.

Room Tip: downstairs rooms are better
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank TaniaS312
Pendleton, Oregon
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Beatrice NE last weekend. The room was nice and the bed comfy. It was a good location for the sight seeing that I wanted to do in the area. There is a great deal of history in the area. The morning breakfast was good also.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Kali W
MO
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The interior halls are in need of repair, and aren't very well lighted.

The bathroom door in my room had been punched (I guess...) and not fixed.

I didn't expect much...but I expected a little better than this.

Didn't bother to stick around for the breakfast.

Not sure I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Beatrice hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 12 July 2011

This place is downright scary! We stayed because it was in the Choice Hotels group, but NEVER again will I stay at an Econolodge. My kids are afraid to leave the room because if the dubious characters hanging around (and apparently living here). There was hair in the ice bucket as well as in the bathroom. I won't even walk in here barefoot. It's a night of heebie-jeebies!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Spiritwolf922
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beatrice
Victorian Inn
Victorian Inn
#3 of 5 in Beatrice
CAPRI INN & SUITES - AMERICAN OWNED AND OPERATED
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Fairbury, NE
Travelers Lodge, Beatrice
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Beatrice

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!