“This restaurant is NOT for 'Members Only'”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Classic's Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Beatrice
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 July 2016

I recently had a conversation with a friend that was visiting family in Marysville, KS and they were planning a trip north to Beatrice for dinner. I recommended Classics as a nice restaurant with a big selection of entrees and excellent beef dishes.

She remarked that she thought it was 'private' since it was on the grounds of the Beatrice Country Club. This restaurant is independently operated and not only open to the public, but may also be one of the most popular spots in Beatrice that hosts special events like weddings and reunions. I'm aware that many travelers are passing through Beatrice on Highways US 77 and 136 so this is intended to be informational for the non-residents.

The wedding reception I attended not long ago had a beef barbecue buffet with several side dishes and it didn't disappoint. I also played golf on the adjoining course and our group chose many of the appetizers off the menu as we were headed to a private in-home dinner a little later. The wings (regular and spicy) stood out but every item we sampled was very good and reasonably priced.

The beef is home grown so its always fresh and the proprietor takes great pride in everything that is served. I always order beef dishes from the burgers to the sliced prime-rib Philly sandwich that is untouchable - it's that good!

There is full bar service and diners can use the grill / sports pub tables or there is a quiet dining room that looks out over the beautiful Beatrice CC golf course. And, there is a nice patio area for drinks after dinner.

It's a little surprising there aren't more reviews posted by locals - I've never heard a bad comment when visiting friends or family when I ask if we can visit Classics. I did check another site and you'd have to go back two years to find a rating that is only a 3* - everything since then is a 5 or 4. This is located about a mile east of the south Beatrice Highway 77 viaduct (Casey's convenience store corner) and well worth the little excursion off the beaten path!

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

We went here with friends and enjoyed our supper. Drinks were cold and food tasted good. Love the spinach dip appetizer and the calamari is good too. Had a nice night!

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The proprietor's family owns a farm/ranch that raises their own Angus cattle (as I've been told several times) so your meat isn't going to be any fresher or know exactly where it comes from than in this restaurant. I just returned from playing golf 4 days at the adjacent country club and I had no less than 6 meals here. So I sampled meals ranging from the Philly Cheese Steak (shaved prime rib of beef) to the steak filet and it was all delicious. The burgers were succulent and the pulled pork sandwich was very good too. One evening we had a smorgasbord of appetizers and lighter fare and it was scrumptious too. The only downside was the taco buffet and it was made with hamburger (I unfortunately should have tried the chicken option) but the home made salsa was good although not very spicy.

Yes, it is in the large, clean Beatrice Country Club clubhouse but it is open to the public. It is well worth your time to go the approx. 1 mile east off of US 77 (on the very south side of the city) to experience this food and the perky, fun wait staff. There are not any signs directing you here so you may need your GPS, have it mapped, or ask any of the locals - they are a friendly bunch. And if you are really lucky, you may see me on one of my rare trips back to the country club playing golf so I can give you comedic entertainment watching my swing out of the large picture windows overlooking the scenic course.

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I work here and the place is amazing! They give fair service to all, it is a semi-formal place and very romantic.

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My husband was in Beatrice on business and I went along. It was his birthday and I asked some people in town for places to eat. A suggestion for Classic's Bar and Grill was made and we decided to try it out. I drove there in the afternoon just to make sure where we were going. We love trying new places and this just fit the bill! We were greeted and taken to a table by the windows. It was dark so we couldn't see the view, but we will go back sometime to see it. The menu was extensive. We both had different pasta dishes. Great salad and we also had an appetizer of mushrooms. Our eyes were bigger than our stomachs and we needed a "doggie bag"! The waitress was so sweet, they brought my husband a little cake and sang a cute song. It was a great experience and we are so lucky to have found it!

Date of visit: March 2012