CAPRI INN & SUITES - AMERICAN OWNED AND OPERATED
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Beatrice
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I needed a room for the night and all the hotels were booked because of state softball tournment. I tried the Capri Inn and asked them if they had any rooms or were they booked like the rest of town. The kind lady on duty informed me that they were booked but one party did not fill all of their reserved rooms, they had one left. She tried to contact the party to ask if they would give up their reserved room if all of their party has arrived. No answer and call back from the party. She then called her manager to inform him of the situation and the manager said to give it to me. They saved me a trip up the road to Lincoln and it was getting late. The room was nice, clean, and quite. I had a perfect stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone. Oh and I forgot, the price was cheap to boot. Win, Win.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob_953

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have stayed at the Capri Inn, in Beatrice Nebraska, on and off for the last seven years. The recently renovated hotel is clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The hotel staff are very friendly and treat you like family. I highly recommend you stay here when visiting Beatrice, Nebraska.

Room Tip: I prefer a second story room. The first level has the indoor pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014

on our way to las veges me and my wife stoped in beatrice NE to visit her brother and we stayed at the capri inn from the out side it looked like a very nice hotel when we walked in we could see they were remolding but even so it looked very clean to us the people at the front desk was very kind to us we even had some one show us to our room on the 3rd floor it was a smokeing room but we couldnt smell smoke in the room the bathroom was very clean as so was the rest of the room my wife is a retired house keeper at a hospital in michigan and always looks for dust and such and none was to be found the beds were very comfortable and clean the staff treated us like we were family the lobby was clean as for the pool and hot tub we never made it down there so i cant say anything about that but the breakfast was very good so i do know when we go through through NE again we will make sure to stop and stay at this hotel
sincerly melvin & shirley ruperd
pery michigan

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We (wife, two boys under age 4 and me) stayed here the night of June 4. I had originally booked the nearby Holiday Inn at twice the price, but called here on a last minute suggestion from a friend. After speaking with the Capri Inn the day before on the phone and reading their reviews online, I was convinced to try it so I booked the room for the one night we needed. The lady on the phone was incredibly nice and patient and professional as I peppered her with questions because I am more accustomed to staying in bigger cities at bigger name brand hotels.

When we checked in that evening, it was more of the same good stuff. The two front desk ladies were friendly and welcoming and very nice to my rowdy young boys. There was a tray of store bought cookies near the front desk as a welcoming touch which clearly excited my sons. The room was clean and in working order. I had no complaints about our room. Some have complained about water pressure in the shower. We were on the third floor and while the pressure was not strong, it was sufficient to take a shower and nothing that I would list as a complaint. We swam in the small pool that evening which was great and again had an excellent experience with the front desk ladies as we got pool towels from them.

Breakfast the next morning was just fine for my family. It consisted of biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, frozen pancakes to heat up, toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt, small donuts, small muffins, coffee, and juice. Check out was again friendly with a different man at the front desk this time and he thanked us for staying. The hotel seemed mostly full that evening, but we had no noise complaints. Overall it was a very solid experience and at a rate of $59 per night which included breakfast, I have no complaints. We will stay here again when we are back this way in October.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I made reservations in February to stay at the Capri Inn in June for a wedding. I called back a few weeks later to make sure I had the reservations and they did not have all the rooms booked that I mentioned. I even gave our reservations numbers and they said that they don't even have that kind of code system!? I notified other family members to double check their reservations and some found out that they, too, ran into problems finding out that they did not have rooms that were originally reserved. I ran into this this problem more than once in those few months. On the day we were to check in I only needed one room for the Friday night and I called at 4:00 PM to cancel two of the rooms only to be told that cancellation time was at 12:00 Noon! No where on the web site does this mention a cancellation time and I was not told upon booking the hotel that the cancellation time was so early. I guess I should not have assumed that cancellation time is later - like any other hotels I stayed in. In speaking with the manager she would not budge even though she said she had many calls through out the day looking for a room and the hotel was full. We ended up paying for an empty room. When we got to the hotel we found out that instead of the 4 rooms we had booked for Saturday night we only had three. Cindy, the receptionist was kind enough to search quite hard to find a room available. She was the only one willing to help us during our stay.
The hotel was clean and the rooms were a good size as were the bathrooms.
Over all we probably will not stay here or recommend anyone staying here unless they are aware of potential problems that could occur.

Room Tip: If you need to cancel a reservation, be sure to do so before noon. Call back more than once to make...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We pulled up to the motel(I would not call this place a hotel). My husband says to me, this place is dirty. I told him that they told me over the phone that they were remodeling. I walk in & was greeted by a very nice lady. She told me that our room was ready, so we were able to check in right away. I went out to tell my husband that our room was ready. He goes into the lobby and right away he says to me that this place is gross, & the stench was like stale smoke & dirty carpet. I don't think they had remodeled the downstairs yet, & it showed. We are walking to our room & notice holes in the walls, & the smell was just as bad. We get to our room, still stinky. The room smelled like stale smoke(for a non-smoking room), the carpet in our room smelled so bad that we didn't want to walk around with our shoes off. The bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. We got a handicapped room, so we had a roll in shower. The tile in front of the shower was peeling away, there was hair all over the floor in the shower, there was dirt in the corner of the shower, like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The floor around the toilet was dirty, under the sink wasn't cleaned. There was garbage in the garbage can, from the previous people that stayed there. My husband had to hold up the toilet seat to go potty, it is kinda hard to do that when you have to hold on to the rail & hold the toilet seat up at the same time. The toilet also didn't look like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time either. The bathroom was just filthy. The room had mostly new furniture.The bed wasn't to bad. My husband took a shower the next morning & noticed that the water was flooding the bathroom. There was an inch of water on the floor, going out to the carpet out side the bathroom door, out to the carpet in the hallway out the door to our room, also went around the corner from the bathroom door to the computer desk. We went & told the front desk & they came in with a rug shampooer to get the water out of the carpet, but the rug shampooers brushes broke up on the carpet(now the room smelled even worse).They came in with a shop-vac to suck up the water from the carpet. We asked if we could change rooms, but they had no rooms. We went to breakfast, stopped at the hotel next door to see if they had any rooms(had been calling the day before, but were told they had no rooms), we were able to get a room(what a relief!!!!), next door. Went back at 11.45 A.M., to let them know that we were checking out, and they stilled charged us for that day because check-out was 11.00 A.M., we asked them even with all the problems that we had with our room? They said yes. We got out of there as fast as we could.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank teenytinyterri
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very clean, had one of the newly remodeled rooms. Everyone on the front desk was very nice. My husband especially liked the breakfast that was offered every morning. We are repeat customers for at least 8 years and hopefully will be back next year. Always on Memorial Week-end, I am originally from Beatrice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family