“Fine dining in.... Beatrice?”

Black Crow Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Beatrice
Price range: US$11 - US$32
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Established in 1993, we serve critically acclaimed international and American cuisine in a restored 1880's building in the historic district in downtown Beatrice, the site of the first homestead and the Homestead National Monument. Our dining room features cozy booths, an original 14 ft. high tin ceiling, and a 30 ft Oak back bar. We feature Nebraska beef steaks and Prime rib, roast duckling, fresh fish and shellfish, pastas, entree salads, including our fabulous Caesar salad, gourmet pizzas and much more. We make all our own desserts, including bread pudding, creme brulee, and flourless chocolate decandence cake. We offer seasonal craft cocktail lists, an extensive beer list including Nebraska microbrews, a selection of Nebraska distilled spirits, a single malt scotch list, full bar and a wine list with over 100 selections from around the world. We have been preparing fresh food with love for over 24 years. We would love to prepare some for you. Come see us.
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Probably 4.5 stars, but, finding this in the town of Beatrice bumps it up to 5. I read a few of the reviews on Yelp and TripAdvisor before trying this place. Dont' get to Beatrice very often, but, it was between this and the Mexican joint. I gotta say, I'm happy I tried Black Crow.

Most of the negative reviews I read had to do with it being higher priced... Well, let me say, if this was in Lincoln or Omaha, most dishes would be $5 to $10 higher pretty easily. Most dinner dishes are just under the $20 range although a couple were closer to $15 and there were some closer to $25. Can't recall what the Pizza's cost.

I had the Shrimp Rissotto dish along with the House Salad. The house vinigarette dressing was awesome. Shrimp Rissotto dish was very solid. Good-sized portion and seasoned quite well. Who would think you could get Rissotto in Beatrice, NE? Not me for sure.

I'd be interested to come back at lunch as I heard they serve Gyro's. I would have to think a gyro at this quality of place would be amazing.

Date of visit: January 2014

Reviewed 14 December 2013

an excellent restaurant that one would expect to find in a large city.The food is upscale and the service is excellent.

Date of visit: December 2013
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I always enjoy eating at the Black Crow. I usually only go at lunch and love it every time. Their tomato basil soup is amazing and so is their caesar salad. The atmosphere of the restaurant is great too, nice and quiet and easy to talk.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed 1 August 2013

A delightful restaurant serving an array of tasty dishes and tucked away in the rather sleepy downtown Beatrice. A rare find and well worth the visit

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The Black Crow is probably going to be the closest you're going to get to elevated cuisine in Beatrice. The beer is typical city prices for a bottle ($4-5) and all the dishes seemed to be $18-$19 no matter what was in them. I had the special of the evening which was a pasta with a rosemary cream sauce with beef tips and mushrooms. It was pretty good, but definitely overpriced. The salad employed one of my least favorite tricks of including spring mix greens on top of iceberg and the balsamic vinaigrette tasted bottled rather than made in house. Overall, it's a good meal in Beatrice, but you pay for it.

Date of visit: April 2013