“More than a "bar and grill"”

4 One 8 Bar & Grill
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Beatrice
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 8 June 2016

We ate here on a recommendation from a family member. Just from the restaurants name I was expecting a bar/grill or sports bar. It is definitely a notch (or two?) above.

Our visit was on a Friday night and the place was booming and we took the last table. It makes a nice first impression when walking in with the covered tables and cleanliness.

Service was a little slow and I mentioned something to our waitress about the overall speed of service. She said they were 'slammed' with an event going on in the downtown area (we drove around the block to find a nearby parking spot). But, the wait staff seemed to step up and cover for each other and our waitress hustled table to kitchen to table the entire time we were there.

There was a large selection of sandwiches and full dinners. I chose a shaved prime rib sandwich that was lightly seasoned just right, moist, and succulent. It was accompanied by a large serving of fries that I could recommend this combo to any 'beefeater'.

There were several other items on the menu that looked appeasing so I need to get back and give them a try too.

All in all, a friendly and attentive staff with a selection of menu items that should please everyone with at least one item they'd have no trouble trying, and reasonably priced.

1  Thank Mike M

Reviewed 25 April 2016

We have a standard order... we are retirement age... my spouse gets Cobb Salad -- huge...needs to takes some home! I get the Grilled Salmon Salad. Excellent!

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

After an evening at the Comminity Theater, seven of us went for supper at 418. Food was very good as was the service. Prices were reasonable--I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank Rod M
Reviewed 12 February 2016

Went with an out of town couple for their first visit. Very busy night and the food and service very good and moderately priced. A little loud as crowded but not the worst we have been. The couple with us said they enjoyed the visit.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

After being flipped the bird just outside the restaurant while still in traffic, I wasn't thinking too highly of ol Beatrice. However, the upbeat and modern vibe of 4 One 8 gave me pause and their reuben sandwich gave me reason to think not all was lost in this Nebraska outpost. Seemed to be winding down from a busy lunch on this particular Tuesday, but still made my food just as if I'd been first in the door before noon. Good folks here, definitely beats the pack in this place.

1  Thank MoHog