“Great Meal”

4 One 8 Bar & Grill
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Beatrice
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

On our return trip from vacation in South Dakota, we dropped down into Nebraska. 4 One 8 is not only the name of the restaurant, but also the address. Thought it might be a sports bar, but was pleasantly surprised that it was not. (I do not particularly like sports on TV). Had a very nice atmosphere and attentive wait staff. I had the grilled salmon and it was very good. I would go back to try other fare on the menu.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

This is a cute restaurant with original tin ceilings and a old-time atmosphere. Menu is diverse and food is good. Seems to be a local favorite. Good family restaurant with something for everyone. Service was friendly and fast. We would definitely eat there again! This restaurant is open on Mondays!!!

Reviewed 2 June 2017

My work friend and I stopped here on a whim and had a great dinner and talked with the manager. The conversation was music (Motley Crue and best remakes) and small town life and the restaurant business in general. We had very good food, drinks, and were made to feel at home. I will definitely visit again and recommend!!

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Reasonable food at reasonable prices. Good attentive service. Comprehensive menu. Clientele seems to be regular patrons, having a good time together.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I love the atmosphere .. this place manages to combine small town with Metro quite effectively.

I was happy to see that they have a decent wine list. So many small-town restaurants don't even have wine, and if they do, it's not anything you want to drink! Very nice selection of beer, wine, and spirits.

The menu selection is quite varied; I was torn between salmon, fried chicken, and prime rib pasta. I settled on the pasta, which was good; however, I found the menu description somewhat misleading. When I hear sun-dried tomato cream sauce," I assume that means exactly that - a creamy tomato sauce. Instead it was a cream sauce with some chunks of sun-dried tomato ... which was fine; the menu description led me to expect something else. I was also disappointed in the amount of the prime rib - it was very finely shaved, and quite sparse; I'm guessing there was less than an ounce of meat.

The young men who greeted and served us were very polite, and friendly. We had terrific service for the first part of the evening. Service kind of fell off after our meals were served.

I would certainly return and try something else on the menu. From reading other reviews, it sounds like I should have had the salmon. It will still be a nice cocktail stop for us.

Date of visit: August 2016