“Nice place and peaceful place”

Hill Club Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 48 Restaurants in Nuwara Eliya
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Central Province, Sri Lanka
“Nice place and peaceful place”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Hill club is like a british hotel. The service was outstanding and in front of the hotel there is a huge garden. I had such a wonderful time at that hotel strongly I can recommend this hotels to others . No chance it such a beautiful place.

Sydney
“loads of pomp, lousy lukewarm food”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Waiters beautifully dressed in an old-world environment, but soup served slowly and lukewarm. Sandwiches were the worst I have ever consumed and chips very dry and shrivelled. Had I not come with a group, I would have sent the lot back to the kitchen, but I did not wish to draw attention.
For such a well-known establishment, they should be ashamed. Come here and take your photos, but do not eat here, just grab a cup of tea.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank mirike123
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“WOW!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We went for the set meal in the evening and had the choice of King fish or Pork. There was a 100 rupee temporary membership fee to eat there. The atmosphere, service and food were second to none. White gloved waiters served, discreet music played, there was a roaring fire visible in the lounge from the eating area and a Christmas tree twinkled in the corner.
Although this was a set meal it was delicious and fortunately to our liking, we started with a pasta, then soup, main course, cheesecake and tea or coffee which we took beside the fire. The fish just melted in my mouth and my guest said his pork was cooked to perfection.
The cost of the set meal was $24 plus drinks, temporary membership and taxes, so a meal for two with a glass of wine each cost us a total of 7400 rupees which we thought was incredible value for such a unique experience. We would definitely go again!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank EveningEater
Abingdon, United Kingdom
“Yuck!!!”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

My food was stone cold and tasted terrible! Service totally unorganised and slow. Will never go again! I am trying to think of something positive but it was awful.

2 Thank Rachelxx72
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Tea on the lawn!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

No trip to Nuwara Eliya is complete without afternoon tea on the front lawn of The Hill Club; worth the 100 LKR's temporary membership fee!

Visited August 2013