“Good guest house well located”

and 1 more site!
Park View Guest House
Ranked #47 of 251 Nuwara Eliya B&B and Inns
Quebec
“Good guest house well located”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

First of all I have to thank the amazing and friendly guest house's manager named Herath who provided me with a great service during my stay. He was really client oriented and was taking care of me as a solo traveller by recommending areas to visit, by offering me the afternoon tea and negotiating good prices for Horton National Park and tuk tuk rides. At that point, I had never seen a so helpful hotel manager. The hotel is very weel located walking distance from the city center and has a great view on Victoria Park. Regarding the guest house, do not expect luxury or anything fancy but the room is clean with good hot shower. However, the room would definitely need a good update as it is easy to see that it was not renovated for a while. Also, if you do not open the window during the day, you can smell the humidy in the room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a cheap place for a short stay near the city center.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed in this guest house for two nights and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The manager was very friendly,courteous, helpful and made our stay comfortable. He gave good suggestions about sight seeing.He even helped us in locating a vegetarian retaurant.
Our stay was very pleasant.The rooms were clean and good.The bathrooms were also very clean and with all this, the rooms were reasonably priced too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

It's truly value for money and a safe and comfortable stay. It's a little hard to find so it's good to call early and get some directions as nearby bystanders may also not know the way in. It's clean, provides hot water (a luxury in Nuwara Eliya) and the manager is a lovely, friendly person! I was there for just a day but felt thoroughly at home!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Aarthi S
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Myself and my partner visited park view in January for 3 nights and had a great stay. The owner couldn't have been more helpful and really made our stay easy and stress free by arranging trips to Horton's plains and tea plantation tours for us, all at reasonable and fair prices. Rooms were clean and bathrooms large with probably the best hot water in our 4 week stay in Sri Lanka!

• Stayed January 2014
Maribor, Slovenia
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The place its nice, close to the city and everything, rooms were clean and owner was very nice. He invited us to a hot tea, but in the night it was very cold - but coldness wouldnt be such a problem, if there wouldn be such humidity. We didint sleep very much because of it, and we had wet clothes.
So, if you dont find anything else it can be ok, but dont forget to ask for more blankets or heater.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We had one night stand. It is typical guest house. Room was big enough, we had possibility to choose from three available rooms. Bathroom and sheets was clean, hot water worked fine, blanket was warm enough. Good and quiet location just short walk from city center.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lubois
Mumbai
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had booked two Nights and two rooms in the hotel. I had booked based upon the reviews available on net. But things were not right since starting. The hotel took two bookings but later to my shock I came to know that there was only one room available. So, one room was cancelled by the website (booking.com). Another room I had booked with Agoda.com which I could not cancel as cancelling would have cost me USD 15. Because of the fault of the Hotel I had to suffer a lot initially. Anyways I requested the owner who initially looked to be a nice person (:-() that please adjust all of us in one room as we had no other option. Good thing they reluctantly agreed.
We reached the hotel only to find that its at a very remote location though close to city. The room was big and neat and clean. Though it was very cold inside the room. WiFi was working but the speed was very very less. Limited Blankets provided by the hotels were not enough for us to fight the cold then we requested for paid heater (LKR 700) which we got after some time which came to us as some relief. Mr. Herath the caretaker of the property was a nice and helpful person but unfortunately his owner probably has not given him much ownership to run the show which makes his intentions to help even weaker.
All this happened - I requested 2-3 times to the owner that I wish to meet her but the owner was not at all courteous to meet me though she was staying hardly 200-300 meters from the property. She was busy in managing another property owned by her.
We somehow with the help of heater and the under the limited cover of blankets, we all managed to survive the night.
First thing next morning we checked out the hotel and took a sigh of relief. Dont know we all were feeling suffocated in the property.
Finally to all foreign travellers I would advise to not to stay in Nuwara Eliya as there are much better places in sri lanka to visit for and even if you plan an over night then dont book this property.
I am sure the owner of this property when read this review may not like this. For this I am apologetic but this is the truth which I wanted to put forth to my fellow travelers as a senior and responsible member of tripadvisor.
The owner should learn from good fellow Srilankans and infact at home from Mr. Herath himself.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family