To break our lengthy trip from Ella to Colombo, we had to choose a B&B in Nuwara eliya and this place was recommended to us by an ex-staff. I usually check Trip advisor reviews before-hand but since I only had very short time, I decided to give a try as staying in nuwara-eliya was not part of our plan.
My positive experience:
- The hotel is situated just behind Gregory lake
- Staff were indeed polite and take every effort you feel that way.
- Breakfast options were Western or Sri Lankan, so we chose to have Sri Lankan - Coconut rotti, Chicken curry and Sambol and they tasted absolutely fantastic, specially the Rotti being very tender.
Negative ones :
- This is not a "Resort" as what the name claims.
- Rooms are very dated. Room given to us had telephone but no line.
- A 14" box tv (takes me to childhood days) that has no cable channels but local ones with bad reception.
- Pigeons tampering on roof. Not a major issue but could be inconvenience to those who are sensitive to noise while sleeping.
- High B&B rate.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Pello Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.