“Very Friendly Environment and Staff”
Review of Villa de Roshe

Villa de Roshe
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Very Friendly Environment and Staff”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

After a Hectic Drive to Nuwara Eliya, We entered Villa De Roshe where we forgot our tiredness due to the warm welcome we got from Vijay and we felt very safe. The Dinner was excellent which was cooked by the only Chef which was really delicious.

I read the previous review where someone saying that the Boutique Villa De Roshe is not safe, Oh my, Me and my family felt very safe. I feel that the story is fabricated. First of all the staff are extremely helpful and I even left my wallet in the hall which I genuinely forgot and it was returned to me by the staff and I was advised to keep it in my room. I checked my cash, and all were intact. This is my second stay there and indeed I will visit once again.

The room Alfred was my favorite. The toilets are the best i have come across. Its Large and the warm shower is a relief.

I will certainly recommend Villa De Roshe to all my friends and Colleagues in Kuwait and overseas. Its a place you shouldn't miss. A Big thanks you to Mr. Vijay and Mr. Raj for the hospitality Rendered to us and we will be back in November for a longer stay.

Please refer to the website for the location as it made our drive easier to locate the property. Its not that hard to find at daytime, Its very close to downtown.

Thanks once again to the management and please keep up the good standard.

Room Tip: Alfred is my favorite, The Pillows, The Bed and the Duvet is better than 5 stars.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mohideeni

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hulhumale
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Agree with "deytexas" review. Veejay was incredibly helpful and personable, he served every need. Food was good. Room was very clean and spacious. Location was quiet but not too far from city. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We have been here for 17 days, and I can say that we are as impressed on our 17th day as we were on our 1st day! We are from the USA but have lived in Sri Lanka for the last nine years. In nine years of staying in many hotels on the island, this ranks as one of the best! Veejay, has a true gift of making each guest feel safe and special. When he was around, we knew we were in excellent hands. The food, day after day, was delicious, always fresh and hot! Thank you Veejay and Raja, the chef! The bedding was so wonderful, the shower always warm, and plenty of towels and bath supplies! The view, the quiet peaceful atmosphere, has left us relaxed and refreshed! We will return!

Room Tip: The middle room at the top of the stairs if available!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank deytexas
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

My first impression was good. Location is perfect , not far from city center or lake, but in quiet area. Room was spacious and stylish , bathroom also was very big. Everything clean and new. But... Continental dinner I ordered wasn't tasty at all. It was cold in room in the evening. The shower was totally broken. And finally I ordered in hotel a tuk tuk to railway station and was charged 1000rup , however the normal price is 500 and driver even didn't help me with my baggage.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Polina G
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The road who lead at this hotel is really tight and steep. The other hotels on this road seem to be old and a little decrepit. You pass by gardens terrace and residentials houses. But at the end of this road you have Villa de Roshe. This is a large house really beautiful. It look like new. The owner welcome us warmly. Everything Inside is well. The room is large enought. The bed is confortable, the washroom really nice (wide, clean and fonctionnal). We had a small balcony with a really nice view. It doesn't have climatization, but you really don't need it. The nights are really cold at Nuwara Eliya. The only inconvenience we had was than after the first night they did not come to clean our room and redo our bed.

You can take the dinner at this hotel, but you need to choose you meal in advance. You will probably be alone with the staff when you will eat. But the meals are excellent. Same thing for the breackfast. We went at Horton plain a morning and we had to leave at 5h30 am. They prepared us a lunch with a sandwich and bananas, that was really appreciated.

This hotel is situated between the downtown and the lake Gregory. You can reach the both by a walk of 30 at least minutes. But when you come back, if you are by walk, be prepared because the road is really steep.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DiniG
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Extremely clean! Best internet service of any hotel we have stayed at in all of Sri Lanka after traveling the country over the last few years! Friendly staff … very accommodating. We travelled here with our granddaughter of 9 years old and they were very concerned for her and making sure she was well taken care of. This is mainly a place for couples, but she was very welcomed and it was a great experience for her. Great Showers!!! Good food and catered to our needs. If there was a negative about this place it was that it is a little out of the city … not too far, but far enough that you need to get a 3-wheel ride.

Room Tip: Great get away for couples.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CKidd2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed 3 nights and the service was fantastic. Food was out of this world and they can cater to Eastern and Western equally well. Only downside was the approach road as one needs a very hardy 4x4 which can handle rough terrain. No car parking or drivers quarters.

Room Tip: Center room - Alfred - has the best all round views
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family