“decent course”

Nuwara Eliya Golf Course
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Decent course with pretty good design. Fairways were good but greens poor condition. First caddy left my clubs on number 2 saying the bag was too heavy. I had to carry them back to the club house and ask for another caddy (he was about 70). Also when the caddy was unable to find my ball it usually was found someone else and brought to me a few holes later for a "finders fee". Good play but don't let the staff rip you off.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

It was a lovely course, well maintained and the weather was perfect. It is a bit expensive when you factor in club rental, caddies etc but very enjoyable. There was an incident afterwards with missing or stolen keys from the golf bag that were mysteriously found just before we left ensuring we gave more of a tip but I'm hoping it was just a coincidence.

1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My father used to be President of this club in 1965 and we visited frequently in those days, treating the place as our home away from home. I returned to Sri Lanka after 46 years in September and was delighted to find the Golf Club still operating as it used to do. The rooms and bar were exactly the same as in "the olden days" (which possibly means a renovation is overdue!) and even the ladies' bathroom looked just the same as it had 46 years ago. The greens were immaculate and golfers were playing in the rain. A lovely cup of tea on the verandah and we were on our way again. Lovely to see you again, Golf Club!

1  Thank Diana T
Reviewed 12 September 2013

beautiful & exciting; pity I did not have the time to play. Caddy master was a great help in touring. They should improve on their line of souvenirs.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is a nicely set course - very scenic with challenging holes. It does have a long history. I had to rent clubs as I was not carrying my own set - the only options were clubs that dated back 20 years I think.
The caddy was knowledgeable and helpful. The terrain does not facilitate the use of carts.
The course itself was very poorly maintained. On several fairways, there was a lot of high grass and slush (almost swampy). I lost 3 golf balls ON the fairway!!! (because they sunk into the swampy areas and we could not find them). If the course was maintained properly it would have been very nice.