“Clean”

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Nuwara Eliya
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Clean”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Clean friendly staff was a bit noisy at night as u need to open the window for air as there is no Air condition in the room, rooms are average bathroom average also, breakfast was fine, the location excellent as it's 5 minutes walk to the center of the town.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nihal J, Director General Manager at Araliya Green Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Ousha

Firstly let me thank you by selecting our Hotel for your Great Holiday.
We are very happy that you have enjoyed our Hospitality, and your valuable notes are greatly appropriated and well accepted to provide better services to our Guests.
We hope to see you back at Green Hills.

Nihal Jayawardena
Director General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We love the hotel from best value for money, excellent facility, very helpful and extremely professional staff. The location is ideal for tourists, we didn't try food in lunch and dinner but breakfast was great as well. Overall great experience and we would recommend to everyone traveling to Nuwara Eliya....

• Stayed April 2014
Nihal J, Director General Manager at Araliya Green Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Sir,

Firstly let me and my Team thank you for selecting our Hotel for your Great Holiday.
We are really impressed that you have enjoyed our Hospitality and your notes keep my Team's Moral-Up.
Many thanks for your encouraging comments.
We hope to see you back at Araliya Green Hills.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The hotel and its staff were very cooperative. We all felt comfortable at all times... while all the people were really helpful, I would like to mention their IT guy, Charitra, who is a great person and a helpful bloke. We were traveling with family and it was lovely staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: Their Presidential suite is really nice!
Dear Mr. Yrazvi,

Firstly me and my team thank you for selecting our Hotel for your Great Holiday.
We are really impressed with your note that you have enjoyed our Hospitality, and your encouraging comments will keep my Team's Moral-Up.
Charith is an "ASSETt" to my Team.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel has been opened for about 5 months. It has a 5 star rating and is situated next to the bench mark Grand Hotel. I stayed for two nights. The hotel has spent a lot of money and has some good amenities but does not have enough space for a decent garden (a must in the hill country) nor parking space. The staff are attentive but lack experience, ending up quite amateurish. There are two restaurants. The main open for the three meals and the other a coffee shop style. Went for dinner to the main restaurant to find it closed due to low occupancy. Ended up having fabulous meals at the Grand Hotel. Small small teething problems not attended to professionally.j rooms are of decent size and amenities provided are good. I will go again only after they have gained some experience or a more professional management takes over.

Room Tip: Parking is limited plus located outside.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jawed A
Nihal J, Director General Manager at Araliya Green Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Mr. Jawed,

Firstly let me thank you for selecting our Hotel for your Great Holiday.
your valuable points are well accepted and will help us to improve our services for better level.
Mr. Jawed, the day you have stayed for dinner our dinner count had been 9 Guests and we offered to order from A' la Cart at the Coffee Shop with endless choices.
I am sorry for the inconvenient occurred to you.
We hope to see you back at Green Hills.
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I am now staying at the hotel since 18th of April and will check out on the 21st.

We chose this hotel because there was no availability in heritance tea factory, however i must say it was quite a good decision.

The hotel is new, spacious, nicely designed, with large spacious rooms as well. The check in system was interesting and comfortable as we were not asked to stand at a reception desk, yet we were welcomed at a seating area where the receptionist came right to where we sat offering us drinks and cold towels. We booked two rooms; one for me and my husband and one my sister. One room was ready for us before 12pm as we arrived earlier. Yet the second one took 1.5 hours to prepare and it was very much irritating to have to wait after 4 hours in the plane and 5 hours in the car.

Anyways, when we entered the room, we were quite impressed even though we saw flies roaming in the room with money found on our sofa. Lol View of the room was a garage with mountains in the background. Would have preferred a better view but the mountains were enough for me to see at least.

The lunch choice isnt that amazing as all food options were quite not very international. Breakfast buffet is very good though!

Room service options didnt have a variety yet food was good, clean and quick to arrive!

I would recommend the hotel to add fans in the rooms as well as eventhough the town is cold at night, yet the rooms are warm and we cant open the windows to get a breeze due to the fact of millions of flies invading the room as there isnt a window net.

Other than that, i would say it is so far a pleasant experience and it is recommended to stay in this hotel. :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Nihal J, Director General Manager at Araliya Green Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014

Firstly let me thank you for selecting our Hotel for your Great Holiday.
We are really happy you have enjoyed our Hospitality very much, and your comments well accepted.

Lucknow, India
Reviewed 19 April 2014

since it is a new property the rooms are squeaky clean and well maintained. the property is well located near the race course and has good views. the food quality was excellent and so was the ambience. The staff are courteous and well intentioned to make guests feel comfortable

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dubai
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Two nights here. Second night we ate at the Grand, which tells a story.
Big hotel with buffet restaurant serving international cuisine.
Helpful staff and clean rooms.
Absolutely no character to this hotel, with it's basement dining room and uninspiring cuisine it reminded me of a state hotel in the former Soviet Union.
Okay for a stopover if nothing else is available. Popular with coach parties.
No pool.

I'd try and stay at the Grand if I were going again.