“Eddie is your best choice for guide”
Review of Waterfall Tours

Waterfall Tours
Ranked #3 of 6 Tours in Nuwara Eliya
More attraction details
Owner description: Sri Lanka Tour Guide
Goa, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Eddie is your best choice for guide”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

If you're like most people you will arrive in Nuwara Eliya by the spectacular train journey offering some of inland Sri Lankas most beautiful scenery. When the train pulls in to the station there's a high chance Eddie will be there unless he has been booked in advance by someone reading this review.

I can not overstate how knowledgeable & professional Eddie is. He takes his clients where they ask to go but also offers suggestions that yo may like after having chatted with you to see what your plans are for the area.

Eddie gave me some great advice on where to stay that was cheaper & nicer than all the places I had already researched Online before going.

I did a Tea tour, a Photo tour, a Food tour, a Waterfall tour & a Dawn tour of the national park with Eddie. All were excellent & Eddie & his driver were happy to come pick me up at 4am in the morning when I requested an opportunity to Time Lapse the dawn one morning.

Eddie is great, English is exceptional, he's on time every time. Give him a try you wont find better!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank CarlosAlvarez880

Sunshine Coast, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“BEAUTIFUL SRI LANKA”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Myself and two girlfriends had Eddie as our guide on our trip around Sri Lanka. We wanted to go a bit out of the way to Mannus Island and to also see lots of Wildlife as we travelled around the island..Eddie is a happy, honest guy with an incredible eye for spotting wildlife and lots of knowledge about birds. We got to see "The Gathering" of the Elephants which was just unbelievable and lots of other beautiful places. Fast Eddie is the Man...I can highly recommend him.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank marion007
Souffelweyersheim, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“a very good guide and trip”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Eddie is a very good guide, safe, honest and has a good sense of humour. He knows a lot of amazing places such as water falls, tea fields and natural reserve we would have had a hard time to find by ourselves. He is very punctual and his rates are competitive. We have spent nice moments with him and his driver. We strongly recommend Eddie to whoever wants to explore the country the best way possible.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sylvaine C
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great and honest guide”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I met Eddie at the Nanu Oya train station completely by chance. Normally, I am suspicious of taxi drivers at train stations, but Eddie was extremely helpful, as I had lost my train ticket and didn't realize I would have to show it as I exited the station as well. He translated for me at the train station office so that I didn't have to pay the fare twice. He then gave me a very reasonable price for a ride to my hotel in Nuwara Eliya (about half the price that the guide books mentioned), due to the fact he had already dropped someone off and my fare was just icing on the cake. He could have charge the full fare, but I appreciated his honesty.

I then hired him for a tour the following day. He took me around to tea plantations, waterfalls, etc., and had a very good knowledge of the area's history. When I told him I was taking the train back to Kandy, he advised me not to do so, due to the fact that the train was more of a freight train and would be mostly empty of passengers, which could be dangerous for someone traveling alone. He then gave me a very reasonable rate to drive me back to Kandy.

Eddie's knowledge of the area, honesty, and command of several languages all make him a standout guide. I definitely recommend him!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank StJenna
Noosa, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eddie is the best”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Eddie ‘with the megawatt smile’ (driver/guide)
We were 4 ladies in our fifties who came to Sri Lanka looking for an adventure and that is exactly what we were given. Eddie (driver/guide) has 30 years experience as a guide in Sri Lanka. His commitment and passion for the ecology of his country and the wealth of knowledge he shared with us made our trip very special. We have a new understanding of the uniqueness of Sri Lanka. Eddie (driver/guide) is very personable with a lovely smile and a great sense of humour. He is a true gentlemen and at all times was very dedicated to our comfort and safety.
He never ceased to amaze us with his intuition, knowing just what we liked to do, we cannot believe how blessed we were. He is the best, we saw so many amazing places, like the rock fortress at Sigiriya plus we did the Village Safari Garden Tour which included a bullock and boat ride, cooking demonstration, lunch, a tour of the spice garden and massage, Kandy Temple of the Tooth, beautiful scenic train trip from Kandy to Nanu Oya then onto the Tea Plantations of Nuwara Eliya, Ella, Little Adams Peak (In Ella we had gorgeous food at Chill Bar), Buduruwagala Rock Buddas statues, Yala National Park (we did a safari where we saw leopard, elephants, deer, crocodile, water buffalo, monkey, numerous birds), Mirissa (beautiful beach), Galle (excellent shopping), Bentota including the pole fishermen.
Once it was established what standard of accommodation we required Eddie delivered some amazing rooms with incredible views at a very good rate.

Visited March 2014