“Perfect 10! Aragum Bay's Best”
Review of Safa Surf Camp

Safa Surf Camp
Ranked #4 of 9 things to do in Pottuvil
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SAFA Surf Camp is a locally owned and run surf business, Arugam Bay. Here, at SAFA (Surfing Access For All), we want you to truly experience the real and traditional Sri Lanka with all its simple beauty. We also want you to learn how to surf in a unique opportunity with the locals who will never fail at putting a grin on your face. We also support our community by employing and training local fishermen in surf as their knowledge of the ocean, currents and tides is immense. Arugam Bay is a perfect spot for beginners to learn how to surf or improve their surfing skills. SAFA Surf Camp and Surf School is opened from 2nd week of March to end of January every year. Come and have the best surfing experience in Arugam Bay with complimentary yoga classes in the best chill & relax spot. We also provide surf Lessons, surf board rental and surf gears for those who rather a one-time session instead of a full stay.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I am so happy that I decided to book my surf lessons with Safa Surf School - it turned out even better than I hoped. The entire trip, not only the surf lessons, was super chilled & cool. I am counting down the days when I can get back their again. Amazing teacher, cool guy, beautiful location - 10 out 10! Hope to see you soon Frank (Fawas)!

1  Thank Sarah M
in 33 reviews
"beginners"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I took a few surfing lessons with SAFA surf school when i traveled Sri-Lanka 2 years ago.
Fawas is a great instructor, always there on time, has a great smile and take care of his students more than anything!
don't miss such an experience- i managed to catch some waves on my second lesson!!! :)

With Love,
Michal from Israel

1  Thank Gomichal
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Hi,

I stayed there for 3 weeks and I really enjoyed it!
All the staff is super friendly and Fawas is a great surf instructor in both theory and practice!

Fawas can arrange your whole trip for you (accomodation, surfboards, transport...) and he does it very well!

Close your eyes and go!

Cheers to everyone in Arugam Bay!

Yass from Belgium ;)

1  Thank Yassin J
Reviewed 19 May 2014

After having had many surf lessons in different places all over the world, I have finally found an excellent surf instructor in Fawas at Safa Surf School... In just a couple of days he has given me loads of tips and pays so much attention to the detail of your surfing techniques that he can easily help you improve in no time! I have found in the past a lot of instructors don't really care about teaching, Fawas is fun and kind but also develops your ability to become a more confident and competent surfer!

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I came into this shop on our travels about a year or so ago to buy a rash vest and sunscreen because I was very sunburnt and was pleasantly surprised to find a very friendly Sri Lankan guy who spoke very good English and was a character he joked around helped me out and gave me information on good accommodation in the area. My husband came back to get his surfboard repaired and was happy with the great service. Defiantly recommend this place as nothing beats good friendly customer service!!

2  Thank TarleeSiam S