“The only man for the job”
Review of Safa Surf Camp

Safa Surf Camp
Ranked #4 of 9 things to do in Pottuvil
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SAFA Surf Camp is a locally owned and run surf business, Arugam Bay. Here, at SAFA (Surfing Access For All), we want you to truly experience the real and traditional Sri Lanka with all its simple beauty. We also want you to learn how to surf in a unique opportunity with the locals who will never fail at putting a grin on your face. We also support our community by employing and training local fishermen in surf as their knowledge of the ocean, currents and tides is immense. Arugam Bay is a perfect spot for beginners to learn how to surf or improve their surfing skills. SAFA Surf Camp and Surf School is opened from 2nd week of March to end of January every year. Come and have the best surfing experience in Arugam Bay with complimentary yoga classes in the best chill & relax spot. We also provide surf Lessons, surf board rental and surf gears for those who rather a one-time session instead of a full stay.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I can't recommend SAFA Surf School highly enough. Fawas is patient, kind and fun and not to mention a wonderful teacher! He speaks perfect English and goes to a lot of effort to make sure your stay in Arugam bay is a memorable one. My friends and I booked a safari trip to Yala East through him and he also arranged a share taxi for us to get back to Colombo. Great guy, great school. Thank you! I'll be back.

All reviews
in 33 reviews
"beginners"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I'm so happy because I decided to book my surf lessons with Safa Surf School. Fawas is a great instructor and very nice and funny person. In just two days I learnt many things. Also he helped me to find a great transport from Arugam to Colombo. Definitely, if you go to Arugam Bay, go to Safa Surf Lessons and you won´t regret!!!!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had the pleasure to learn and surf with Fawas, the owner of Safa Surf School. I really had a great time learning for the first time surf with him. He's a really patient and funny instructor.
I do recommend Safa Surf School, for good "price-quality" and excellent provision of their services.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Don´t walk out of this place even if the guy working there doesn´t have the best english to explain the different options. Fawas, the surf instructor, speaks fluent english and he´s a great teacher and a great guy as well. My girlfriend and I had three lessons with him, and in between we rented boards from them, either for a half day or a full day. We learnt a lot in the lessons, and he corrected us all the time in the water on what we were doing wrong and what we should think about. We had boards for beginners which was perfect for us - we saw many other surf schools with regular boards that make it harder to learn. The tuktuk drivers working for Fawas are also very friendly and helpful. We ended up with having Jameel, Fawas cousin, as our personal driver for the five days in Arugam Bay. He took us to a crocodile safari in Panama where he impressed us with a perfect eye for spotting animals, he booked us a lagoon safari in Pottuvil and he even drove us with his tuk-tuk to our next destination Ella. We definetely recommend using these guys - people you can trust!

1  Thank VerdensVisitt