Open today: 05:00 - 22:00
Review Highlights
Great experience

Arugam Bay is the best spot to learn how to surf! Especially for beginners just like me. Our hostel... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Xxliel
via mobile
Awesome surf teachers and really good vibes!

Reviewed 18 November 2018
Traveler04915447489
via mobile

All reviews sri lanka my friend arugam bay tuk tuk the owner my sister big family food was great cant wait great staff wellness package loved every minute in town coming back learn how yoga classes video
Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

My friend and I booked the surfing package for one week and ended up staying a whole month surfing and catching our own waves!
First of all I got to say that I was really impressed about the way how Fawas the owner of the camp has it all managed. You can tell that he takes it serious but never forgets to still have fun and be happy! He really cares about the people who come to his camp and he made it feel like home from the very first day.
I’ve never been surfing before but fawas and his surf teachers made me feel safe and comfortable in the water and I really learned how to catch my own waves!! The best thing is that i can just rent a surf board and go by myself now (after the package for 1 week) because this surf schools program helps you to improve fast and safe and even though you will at least have one time where you didn’t do well or didn’t get good waves but Fawas is always positive and motivates you.
Safa surfcamp is a big family where you have the opportunity to hang out with lots of different people but also to have your own space whenever you want to! There are lots of good vibes and I really want to come back soon!
Thanks to the whole safa family for a unforgettable time and I really recommend everyone in arugam bay to check out this place!

2  Thank Traveler04915447489
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Had a great time, spent 7 days having the best surf I ever had in life. Teachers are skilled, owner of the place is very nice and food was great too. I’ll definitely come again if I want to improve my surfing skills. I’m glad I showed up unannounced and took the surf package.

1  Thank flo75275
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We booked the wellness package for one week. Our transfers were easily arranged for us by Fawas which was very convenient.
The room was nice, but we spent most of our time in the communal areas or out surfing. The room was a basic but comfortable cabana, and you could hear the waves from your bed. The communal area is very comfy also and has nice vibes.
The surf lessons themselves were well organised and very safe - of a similar standard to European surf camps. From our experience in Arugam Bay, Safa’s instructors seemed to be the most professional. The video classes are especially helpful, and we both feel like we progressed well during the week.
Breakfast was included and there were a good range of choices. The kitchen staff would also make you lunch, snacks or dinners at a reasonable price. All of the food was delicious.
The staff were lovely, great fun, and very knowledgeable about surfing.
If you want to progress your surfing it’s the best place to go.
Our only issue with the camp is the fact you do have to get a tuk tuk or walk through residential streets in order to go into town, so often after a tiring day surfing you want to stay at the camp.
Overall, we had a really good week.

Date of experience: September 2018
surfingsafa, General Manager at Safa Surf Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Thanks for your kind review, we like to keep our camp relax and peaceful because in town busy and too much party they cant sleep well because we use to wake up every day 4.30am.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Went to stay in SAFA in aug 2018. I had the best time with them! I have never done surfing before and i saw my progress. The instructors are very helpful. Rasheed, one of the instructors can dance really well! Haha! Food is also amazing! The best part is the vibe that the camp is giving. Its very relaxing, qlmost like coming home to your family. I checked out the camp and stayed in town (didn't know i can extend my stay more than 7 days so i booked another hotel ahead of time) and i still kept coming back to the camp every day. Fawas (owner) will take care of all your needs. He is just like big brother!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 30 August 2018

They leave 15 students alone and only a few instructors in the Impact Zone, that means a lot of accidents, drop in the waves, impossible to surf... horrible experience! Do not get classes from them!

Date of experience: July 2018