“Nice but not amazing”
Review of Suao Cold Spring

Suao Cold Spring
Reviewed 30 July 2013

It's a cheap entry fee (NT$70 - approx. U$2-3 per person for public bath) and the water is cool for a hot weather, however it's not very clean and not as we expected. A little bit of disappointment, but overall okay. We did not try the private bath though.

3  Thank anonymous77777777777
"typhoon"
"taiwan"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I was a little worried after reading the other reviews, but I absolutely loved it! I only went to the public springs, so I don't know what the private rooms are like, but the public springs were clean. There were not many people there, so we didn't need to use a locker- just left our belongings on the steps while we were in the water. It was so refreshing, beautiful, and not crowded!

2  Thank azmountaineer
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Suao cold spring is one of the only two cold spring locations in the world. Even though we went on a cool spring day, it was an interesting experience for us. It was a cold bubbly soak, and it felt like we were soaking in soda water. Even the place seems run down, I recommend a visit to Suao if you are already in Yilan.

1  Thank Kail1
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The cold spring is full of bubble which floated from ground. Makes you feel whole new experience of cold spring. Imagine you take a bath in soda.

1  Thank YiHo
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My wife and me was at the Suao Cold Spring in Dec. The whole place is bit of a disappointment. It is not only run-down the cubicle for two person is real cramp. So when one of them take a shower the other person has to wait. Imagine the chillness while waiting. Secondly, the water was already filled up when we were there. I strongly believe the water was not replaced after a few usuage. I prefer the hot spring in Jiaosi. Not doubt is expensive but the water is only filled in your presence.

6  Thank christopherchan40