“Still Good Quality Seafood”
Review of Dong

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dong
Ranked #25 of 65 Restaurants in Quy Nhon
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 1 March 2014

When I'm in Quy Nhon I always visit Dong's as well as Seafood 2000 which is right around the corner. Great selection of fresh seafood at both though Dong has the advantage o a sea view from its outside tables.

We ordered the steamed red snapper which was succulent. Fresh calamari, steamed not fried and noodles with shrimp. All of it was top notch. Total bill for 3 people was 450,000 Dong or about $23 US. Always ask to see the fish if you're paying by the kilo and have them weigh it in front of you. This is SOP in Vietnamese seafood eateries.

Bring mosquito repellent if you decide to sit outside. They're ankle biters.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Very disappointing experience. English menu at the back with prices in USD so think there is x 2 tiered pricing for locals v's tourists. The calamari wasn't calamari - like eating rubber tyre with as much flavour and texture plus US$6 expensive by local standards. Very unimpressed.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

We stopped here for a quick late night bite after our arrival in Quy Nhon. Mr Dong, at least, that is what we called him was great. We actually ate here twice. What wasn't available the first night was available the second night.
The shrimps, clams and other seafood was perfectly fresh and prepared on the spot. Together with a few cold beers this made for one of our nicest Vietnamese dinner experience, simply because Quy Nhon sees few tourists so you eat with the local.

1  Thank Jeroen22
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I have been there after reading the good comment of the lonely planet and I should admit that I wouldn't recommend that place.
Good point the menu is in english but the prices are not written.. so maybe you can try to bargain however I wasn't in the mood and thus I have been price taker at 120.000 VND for the "Noddle with seafood and vegetables"... Well, the result was instant noddle with rubber style calamari...

1  Thank Gecko022
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Dining a Dong was an experience. Ironically, the English menu didn't list the prices in Dong, but in USD, which is annoying, but apart from that the menu was easy to read and there was one waiter who spoke a little English.
The food was a little oily but it tasted good, I wouldn't go back in a hurry, but I'm glad I tried it.

1  Thank RicheleE