“Very nice, Good service BUT wi-fi connection needs an update.”
Review of Sunflowers Hotel

Sunflowers Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Quy Nhon
Thailand
“Very nice, Good service BUT wi-fi connection needs an update.”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Quy/Qui Nhon, Vietnam-Sunflowers Hotel
13 – 15 – 17 Nguyen Hue Street
www.sunflowershotel.com
Email: sales@sunflowershotel.com
Tel: (056) 3891277 – 3891279
Fax: (056) 3891280
One block off the beach at the far end/northeast side of the loooooooong bay front. It's 6+ kms long. I'm reading their brochure; services and facilities are many, many many! All the usual stuff, including massage and Karaoke!!!!!!You pay and they will provide. Eight floors of rooms and services. Check out the website for the numerous variety of rooms.
I had a Superior Single for 340,000 VND including breakfast mostly Asian choices but also eggs and bread/omelet and baguette and a small drink.
Their stated room facilities; air-con AND oscillating wall fan, small desk and closet, mini-fridge/bar, phone, tea and coffee in my room (I don't see it) hot water, toiletries, hair dryer and cable TV; 80 channels of which you get 3 movie and 2 “sport” and AP, TLC and Discovery. No news in English which I miss.
“Complimentary”; mineral water-two 320 ml, newspaper (Vietnamese) welcome drink and seasonal fruit? Where's the fruit?
In-room wi-fi is poor to barely fair. In the hallway I see no apparatus which means outdated, in MY opinion. Barely 2 yellow bars. Wi-fi connection, upon review/using it, is P O O R ! ! At best!
UPON further review it's b a d! Every 2 minutes it's non-existent! Doesn't work, NOT even 1 tab at a time! It is 2013 NOT 1980! Wake up! Customers are always right. I called down to front desk to “complain”, the man laughed when I told him wi-fi was horrendous. Yeah, he knows it too. At the end of my stay, 5 days, I'd say the wi-fi “connection” was as good as the old-day dial up! Not good! At all!
Pluses; N I C E soft comfortable bed, good lighting.
Business centre; 2 computers with Windows XP and little maintenance, outdated security and both are wi-fi connections. Poor or No signal strength.
Payment options; Their brochure mentions they accept credit cards-”Services Card Payments”- which unfortunately doesn't work out. I tried for two days to pay with my platinum credit card. “Machine” doesn't work they say! Swipe swipe swipe and “no connection”, “slow”. They called the bank-would you/me like to pay in cash? No! I'll try again tomorrow. Same story. Would you like to go to town and withdraw cash and pay that way? Not really. The problem is they don't want you to use a credit card. It costs them money. They don't have the “extra 3-5% charge” that many many places demand. That's not my fault. Raise your room rates to cover your bank charge IF that is your problem. Of course, that isn't the problem. Raise the rates and we're back to square one; they still want you to pay cash because it costs them money! Ridiculous! I went to town, got cash and paid them.
Their telephone, wi-fi and credit card connections need serious updating along with their computers. Of course they don't really care. It's management that is the problem. The employees are just doing their job!
Overall it is OK. I ate at the restaurant at night; limited choices for vegetarians. 5 days here. “We're” far from the bus station at Sunflowers Hotel. 4-5 kms they told me. Price of taxi to bus station will cost almost as much as next 4 hour bus ride north. Not much to see here unless renting a motorbike to explore. Relax and enjoy the lack of tourists. Still, though, we have the incessant honking by Vietnamese drivers. Beep beep!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank salemnobody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Vietnamese first
Hoi An, Vietnam
Reviewed 2 February 2013

The room was spotlessly clean with a great bathroom, soft cotton sheets and a small balcony with excellent views over the bay from the 8th floor. The room cost 350,000VND which is a bit wore than we would normally pay but was well worth it, especially with breakfast included (breakfast was a la carte not the dreaded stale hotel buffet). However, what really set the Sunflowers apart was the helpfulness of the staff. We needed to get the oil changed on our motorbikes and the security guard insisted on taking us to a local mechanic and acting as an interpreter for us. He also made 2 trips to the local garage to buy oil for us. The whole operation took about 45 mins and he refused any tip or payment for his services. On another occasion, whilst exploring the beaches to the south we ran out of petrol, by coincidence we bumped into another member of staff who drove us to the local village to buy petrol. On a third occasion, one bike had a problem with the gear box and another security guard drove the bike to a mechanic for us and back and fixed the problem for just 20,000VND. This is a fantastic level of service and completely above and beyond the call of duty.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank russell s
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Very good,rooms are clean and beds are soft.The breakfast buffet is not good in weekends,but in other time you can order it from the list and it is average.I would like to had fresh fruitjuice or fruits,but these were not in the list.on sundays there are weddings.many local turists seem to stay here .worth of money and more!good restaurants near,but only one small shop near. we noticed that the better area of the city is 3km from south to the beach,there are better swimming area also.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank eitsu1
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

This hotel was good value for being very close to the beach, the location is within walking distance to markets, beaches and great restaurants. The breakfast was a little under our expectations and we found the staff helpful but "nothing is free". The room was nice and clean and we had a great view down the beach. We loved all the fishing boats.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple