“Surprisingly nice”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Chillicothe
Dayton/Beavercreek, OH
“Surprisingly nice”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Friend and I stayed here on 10/25. The room was quite nice, clean and functional. We stayed in the section that hadn't gone through renovations yet, (room 75) but I was happy. The bed was comfortable, the climate control worked well and the shower was hot. And, the in-room coffee was actually quite good. I drank the whole pot, black, which is difficult for me normally.

I didn't do the check-in, so I couldn't say first-hand how the staff is, but we were not bothered by anyone, including other guests, and I was pleasantly pleased. I would absolutely stay here again. It's easy to find, easy to get in/out of, lots of places within a short drive to eat and a couple places in walking distance.

Only thing I didn't care for, were the pillows could have been fluffier. We had three for a king bed, my friend stole the second one and I was too lazy to get another one. And that was NOT their fault. I'm not holding that against them :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Belpre
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This motel was clean from the carpet to the bathroom! The personel were extremely nice. Though the motel is older and the rooms somewhat dated, the bed was comfortable. The only complaint was that we came into town on the weekend of a bikers rodeo, and the room was way over priced due to typical motel price gouging when special events come in to a town. Even at that, we were just thankful to be able to find a room, at any price that night, that was clean.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Upnorth Michigan
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A couple of the other hotels in the area were booked (and one was definately not recommended), but we found this one before we headed back on the highway. We were pleasantly surprised that it was well maintained. We love parking right outside our room instead of lugging suitcases up stairs or elevators. You can leave the door open for fresh air. The only negative was that the bathtub needs replacing. Would stop there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nancy l
Okahumpka
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Was passing thru and needed a place to lay our heads for the evening . Rooms were very clean and very affortable. Very pleasant gentleman at the desk and after talking with him decided to stay the night. Breakfast in the morning was a great way to start you day. We will definately stay in another Americas Best Value Inn when we travel again

Room Tip: other hotels in the area were over priced, getting the same room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay. It was basic, but nice. Staff was very friendly. We got what we paid for on a one night stay during our trip to Wisconsin. Rooms was basic and clean. The staff really made sure we were comfortable.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Inexpensive hotel conveniently located for travellers passing through Chillicothe. Beds were fine but the rooms are definitely showing their wear and could use touching up. Breakfast provided but very little put out (had to ask desk staff for nearly everything). Acceptable but not great hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank v2skate0910
Chuck D, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Chillicothe, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We would like you to know that we are in the process of renovation our property and have already completed many rooms. We hope that you will stay with us again to see the improvements we have made. Thanks again.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I was in town for the Paper City Music Fest and stayed at this hotel. This will be a pretty short review as I wasn't in the room for the majority of the time I was in Chillicothe.

Checked in a little before 11Pm and had a problem with the door on my room not working.. The desk clerk explained to me that if I pulled it towards me and then opened it should work.. Worked fine then.. The room itself was pretty small but I wasn't looking for anything fancy anyway. The place is located right off the highway - it is a little hard to find the entrance but it is right next to the Wendys and a Gas Station.

The room itself was fine - no issues. The weekend I was in town there were 2 major events going on in Chillicothe and I made the mistake of not booking a room in advance. The room was the cheapest available room in the area. The front desk staff & owner were nice and accomodating.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank AbeinVA
We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay and appreciate you sharing your comments with other travelers. We hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chillicothe
Rodeway Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chillicothe
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Circleville

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Chillicothe? Share your experiences!