“Good value for unexpected stay”

Americas Best Value Inn Chillicothe
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Chillicothe
Charleston, West Virginia
“Good value for unexpected stay”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Good value, clean. Upon arrival, was asked if we wanted $5 upgrade. We upgraded because were told beds were better. Felt a little like "bait and switch."

But the beds were very nice, and room smelled clean and looked clean.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I consider ourselves quite adventurous and we have stayed in our share of "budget" hotels/motels. I always try to rate with a cost/value mindset. As any
one who makes a reservation for a $47 king non smoking motel right off the highway, I believe we managed our expectations well. Checking in was quick and pleasant minus the interesting smell in the "lobby". I was nervous our room would smell, and as I am pregnant that would have been a downer, but the room smelled, dare I say, "fresh". It was very clean, had all the common amenities, and was better than I had imagined for the rate we paid. Unfortunately when we turned on the tv it was fine for about a minute or two, then the screen went black... we could hear everything but no picture. We called the front desk, and we were promptly moved to the room next to ours that had two full beds (no other kings avail :( ) We were then told by the front desk attendant that sometimes the picture goes out when the closed caption is on... wish we could
have just turned captions off and stayed in the same room. My comforter did have a couple cigarette burn holes in it but again, not even the faintest smell. I considered it rather humorous. Beds were surprisingly comfy!
All in all we were very pleased for the price we paid. We considered it an excellent value, and will consider staying again!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mrsgabs
Minnesota
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The "first" floor felt like we were in a basement. To get to the desk takes a maze of hallways and heavy doors. The TV schedule was out of date. The bathroom was clean but warm. The blankets were thin. We heard people in the next room,, and the hotel is adjacent to Buffalo Wings parking- there was music from cars there, and people in a party mood. We would not stay here again-

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dayton/Beavercreek, OH
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Friend and I stayed here on 10/25. The room was quite nice, clean and functional. We stayed in the section that hadn't gone through renovations yet, (room 75) but I was happy. The bed was comfortable, the climate control worked well and the shower was hot. And, the in-room coffee was actually quite good. I drank the whole pot, black, which is difficult for me normally.

I didn't do the check-in, so I couldn't say first-hand how the staff is, but we were not bothered by anyone, including other guests, and I was pleasantly pleased. I would absolutely stay here again. It's easy to find, easy to get in/out of, lots of places within a short drive to eat and a couple places in walking distance.

Only thing I didn't care for, were the pillows could have been fluffier. We had three for a king bed, my friend stole the second one and I was too lazy to get another one. And that was NOT their fault. I'm not holding that against them :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Belpre
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This motel was clean from the carpet to the bathroom! The personel were extremely nice. Though the motel is older and the rooms somewhat dated, the bed was comfortable. The only complaint was that we came into town on the weekend of a bikers rodeo, and the room was way over priced due to typical motel price gouging when special events come in to a town. Even at that, we were just thankful to be able to find a room, at any price that night, that was clean.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Upnorth Michigan
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A couple of the other hotels in the area were booked (and one was definately not recommended), but we found this one before we headed back on the highway. We were pleasantly surprised that it was well maintained. We love parking right outside our room instead of lugging suitcases up stairs or elevators. You can leave the door open for fresh air. The only negative was that the bathtub needs replacing. Would stop there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nancy l
Wildwood, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Was passing thru and needed a place to lay our heads for the evening . Rooms were very clean and very affortable. Very pleasant gentleman at the desk and after talking with him decided to stay the night. Breakfast in the morning was a great way to start you day. We will definately stay in another Americas Best Value Inn when we travel again

Room Tip: other hotels in the area were over priced, getting the same room