“Lucious smoky meat”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Ate here with group of 23. Waitress (yes, one) did amazing job of getting our orders correct and delivering them promptly while being pleasant and helpful. Everyone I talked to said the food was wonderful. I had prime rib...never had smoked prime rib before and it was not only great tasting...what a bargain, these days, for a huge portion of beef. Mac and cheese a winner, only disappointment was the homemade potato chips....guess I expected them to be hot and they were not and just so-so. Great onion rings, too. We went right in, with reservation, but would definitely be worth a wait.

1  Thank Karen L

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We took friends from Texas to see Tecumseh and decided to eat here before the play. We were seated immediately, since they were not that busy. We all ordered either ribs or brisket. The food was delicious. We got worried, however, when we were in the restaurant for 50 minutes before getting our food. We had allotted what we thought was plenty of time and then wondered whether we would get to the play on time. It wasn't even a weekend. I would go back, but will allow more time.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Ate here before the Tecumseh outdoor drama. We did call ahead for reservations as we had 7 in our party. There are limited big tables. There is outside seating. The coconut onion rings & stuffed shrooms were tasty. I ordered the ribs baby back with the pulled pork. The ribs were meaty and moist. The pulled pork was a little greasy for me. My sides were salad & mashed potatoes. I am wheat free. So I had to watch close. The mashed potatoes come with fried onions on top. The BBQ sauce is sweet, and sweet & spicy. About half liked & half didn't like. They bring mini corn bread loves to the table. We were very pleased with dinner. Total bill $75 no alcohol & 3 people. One person in our group ordered the smoked ribeye. He said it was very very good. That's saying something because he's picky. We would come back if in the area. Cute pig car outside.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Chillicothe and called for a 5:00 reservation. Glad we did. They had a lot of customers of all ages.
The waiter was very nice, and complete. The menus was reasonable and included some different items. The barbacue sauce was very good, I bought a bottle.
The waiter was very busy handling a huge crowd. If anything they may have been understaffed for the dinner crowd. Over all , nice I would go back and recommend The Smokehouse.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The restaurant sits at the corner of what appears to be "a strip" where loud cars, motorcycles and music from both fill the streets. We ordered the chips with cheese and bacon and that was very tasty. My wife ordered the buffalo burger and I ordered the pulled pork; my wife's burger was not done and the waitress promptly apologized and took it back. My pulled pork was great (only Nashville has better) and my wife enjoyed her burger when it was redone. The waitress was very professional and the Manager came to our table to apologize also. The establishment took the burger off our bill. The food was great and the prices are very good. Overall, a great dining experience

1  Thank Doug and Jill S