“great job”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Chillicothe
Blue Rock
“great job”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have stayed here for about a year on and off for work. the staff is excellent they work hard to satisfy you. It's very clean, good breakfast. highly recommend. a lot of good restaurants nearby. Great beds.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Grosse Ile, Michigan
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Traveling from North Carolina to Michigan with my 77 year old mother and her dog, we needed a place to stay. Should have stopped in Charleston W. Virginia, but kept on driving and Christopher was a dog friendly hotel and at 10pm, even though a smoking room was the only one available, I took it. I am a smoker but do not smoke in my home. Our room was located on the 2nd floor, NO ELEVATOR, back and forth carrying everything up the stairs and all the way down the hall. The entire hallway reeked of cigarettes. The room was clean, bed was OK. Heard traffic from the highway all night long. Wireless did not work (heard others calling the front desk to complain about it as well). The poor guy working the front desk was alone and overwhelmed, as well as over worked. They put out an above average breakfast and the pool looked nice.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Winston-Salem
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Tucked between two major chain hotels and looking a bit non-descript, this motel far exceeds the level of accommodations offered by nationally known motels. The rooms are exceptionally clean and have the feel of a "fancy" hotel; and my only wish is that we could stay more than one night. The beds are extremely comfortable and having a small refrigerator and a microwave without having to request one is especially convenient. Breakfast included.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are exceptionally convenient to access, if available.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This hotel is a hidden gem. In a morass of fast food restaurants and midscale motels, it provides a welcome bit of luxury and peace for a (quite) reasonable price. Everything looks well kept and maintained. There are a couple of charming seating areas where two halls come together, perfect place to wait for a spouse, partner or friend who is a bit slow getting his/her act together in the morning.

I'm picky and proud of it! Luxury hotels that are not well maintained get poor reviews from me. This hotel is one of only three, but the beds are wonderful, the soap, shower gel, etc are top of the line, and the staff is friendly and very conscientious about seeing to the comfort of the guest.

My ONLY criticism is that the complimentary breakfast needs improvement to reach the standard the rest of the place sets. Since we plan on coming back as often as we travel to St. Louis, I hope they look into a few simple improvements.

Oh, and hidden behind the car dealer which is next to the hotel is a wonderful park/grove called Millennium Grove. There are rows of trees grown from historical specimens with a full description. Only about 10 years old, the promise of a wonderful experience was there even in the rain and sleet of March.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Warren, Indiana
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed at the this establishment on our way back home from the east coast. Booked it based on Trip Advisor reviews. Was not disappointed. Beautiful room impression when we first walked in! Very large flat screen TV (which my husband loved!), refrigerator, microwave, coffee, separate vanity area, and wifi. Beds were okay but very high off the ground. There were lots of choices in the included breakfast, both hot foods and continental type. Would give excellent rating except for attitude of person working front desk. We would definitely stay here again - it's a good value!

Room Tip: We called directly to the hotel to book reservations.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frugalmama57
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I had a girlfriend weekend with 6 women and 6 kids. The hotel was clean, mattresses were comfortable, the staff was just wonderful. They were willing to bend over backwards for me and my friends. We were so gracious to the staff for being so accomodating. I think we will be returning very soon. Thanks for making our trip memorable. We had so much fun!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My wife and I were traveling to visit family in the Dayton area. I read the reviews on TripAdvisor, and chose to stay at the Christopher. From the moment I entered the building, I was immediately impressed with the cleanliness of the building. The desk personnel were extremely friendly and made my wife and I feel as if we were truly their guests--not customers. I later commented to my wife that I don't remember ever being welcomed so warmly at checkin. The room was very comfortable (and did I mention CLEAN???). Coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, etc were even clean--I usually avoid these in other motels. My wife even mentioned the quality of the iron and ironing board! Bedding materials were first-rate (pillow cases and sheets were a little rough). And let's not forget the oh-so-soft towels that surpassed the quality of the $200+ per night resort hotel where I recently stayed. The shower had great pressure with lots of warm water (and was again extremely clean). Also, they have a very nice breakfast buffet (I know this sounds stupid, but this is one of the few motels that has slices of cheese on the buffet--nice if you want to make a breakfast sandwich from their sausage, egg, and biscuits). Again, it's all in the details!

The only negative comment would be the noise from the hallway--it's not thin walls, but doors that do not seal well. We were able to hear the conversation of every person who walked by the door.

For the first time in a long time, I actually found myself wishing I could stay in the area a little longer--just to enjoy the Christopher! I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. We are looking forward to our next chance to visit!

Room Tip: To avoid some of the noise issues with the hallway, I would suggest avoiding rooms near the stairway...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
ChrisInn2010, Front Office Manager at Christopher Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear 20runner,

Thanks for your wonderful feedback. I'm glad you had a such a wonderful experience with us. We pride ourselves in offering great customer service and clean facilities. Our goal is to make you feel at home. We look forward to accommodating you, again, if you're ever in the area.

Andrea Davis
Front Desk Manager
Christopher Inn and Suites
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chillicothe
Hampton Inn and Suites Chillicothe
Rodeway Inn
#8 of 8 in Chillicothe
Americas Best Value Inn Chillicothe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Circleville

Been to Christopher Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!