“WONDERFUL experience!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chillicothe
Atwood House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Chillicothe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I came across The Atwood House on a google search. I surprised my husband with a weekend away just the 2 of us. It wasn't until after I booked the reservation that I read the reviews. I was even more psyched upon reading all of them. I didn't realize that Chillicothe was such a gorgeous little town. There are tons of Beautiful Historical homes, one after another. Along with a nice Historical downtown area. Upon arriving I was in awe of the structure. Bills nephew was there to let us in. Once inside it took my breath away. The house in impeccable. His nephew is very professional and gave us the tour of the house. Bill has restored it to its Natural Beauty. We stayed in the Governors Suite and were very pleased. It has 12ft ceilings that appear even taller than that. It has a fabulous 7ft Clawfoot Bathtub, which I took total advantage of. It also has a private 2nd story balcony. The entire house is very clean and smells pleasant. There is a wonderful Flower Garden in the back of the house along with fountains and lawn furniture. Bill prepares a delicious Breakfast and serves it to you, along with lovely china. He will sit and have coffee with you while you finish. He is such a down to earth and friendly man. He is very knowledgeable on the History of the house and the area. He will also tell you about his past adventures. I can't say enough about the house and the owner. I am already planning my next trip down. If you are looking for a Bed & Breakfast, do yourself a favor and stay at the Atwood House. You won't be disappointed. Make yourself a reservation at the Old Canal Smokehouse. Its only a few minutes away. We liked it better than Paula Deens Restaurant in Savannah, GA. Also checkout the Sumburger Diner. Its a cute vintage diner with great food.

Room Tip: The Governors Room is gorgeous. Its the only room with a Clawfoot Bathtub and private 2nd story bal...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank amy b

Reviewed 29 April 2013

This might have been the smartest choice I've made in a long time. Had to spend a few days in Chillicothe doing genealogical research. I could have stayed at some nondescript, chain hotel near the interstate highway for the same price. But instead I chose this historical B&B. The proprietor has had this mansion beautifully restored and it was a joy just to walk around in it. But the breakfast was the icing on the cake. Although he denies any professional cooking training, the guy cooks like he just won on an episode of "Top Chef". His goat cheese and rosemary omlette was nearly worth the price of the room in and of itself. Class act. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank thembitzers
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Stayed here for my birthday and we loved it! Arrived and was greeted by our host Bill, the house was beautifull, well kept and most of all very clean. We stayed in the Presidents Suite, the room was beautifull and the bed was as soft as a pillow. After a great night we had a great breakfast the next morning with our host joining us. Next time we visit Chillicothe we will visit again!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked awesome!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sarahp153
Reviewed 19 January 2013

This lovely B&B is owned and operated by a former White House butler who sat and chatted with us after serving a terrific breakfast. The house is furnished quite sumptuously and the rooms and beds are very comfortable. A perfect choice in this sleepy little town.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LovettGrover
Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

... our stay was spectacular. Each time we stay here, it feels more like home.
We sat on the love seat and admired the Christmas decorations and the fire in the fireplace. Very nice touch. Thank you.
The President room was fantastic. We slept like babies... My head hit the pillow and I was O U T.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank spidrman
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We had a very enjoyable and relaxing two nights here with Bill. Our reason for being in the area was quite stressful and coming back to the house gave us a sense of peace and quiet. Bill is a great host to spend time talking with and we enjoyed his company. We had the Governors Room in this incredible building which has been lovingly restored. I have never slept in a bed which required steps to get in...it was so comfortable. The whole place was spotlessly clean and well equipped. We would have liked the ability to obtain/make a drink in the evening but small niggle only!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan S
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The first words out of my mouth were... I'll never stay in a hotel in Chillicothe again. We were running a little late for the check-in. Mr Hirsch was very understanding.
The House is BEATUIFUL. Mr Hirsch has collected many beautiful antiques. We were in town for a special music concert. The House is very near to downtown. A very easy walk to everywhere downtown.
The rooms are exceptional. The bed was ... zzzzzzzzzzz....... perfect.
The water pressure in the shower is awesome.
We weren't sure that there were any other guests until morning at breakfast.
Oh, yeah... breakfast. That was the highlight of our day.
Considering the beautiful setting, great stories from Mr Bill Hirsch and great breakfast after a wonderful, restful night.... something the hotels do NOT offer.
The cost was the same as the normal hotel chain.
STAY AT ATWOOD HOUSE!!!